Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Birthday Greg-NJ1 (Read 6376 times)
Mar
Ex Member

Happy Birthday Greg-NJ1
Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:37am

Happy Birthday Greg!

Many good wishes for a wonderful and special day. Smiley

Enjoy! Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Re: Happy Birthday Greg-NJ1
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 8:58am

Happy Birthday Greg!  I hope your special is everything you'd like it to be!

My best to you and Olga,

Smiley Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 4:09pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2007 at 11:42am

Smiley Smiley Smiley[size=13][/size]  Happy birthday Greg!!!   Have a great day! Smiley

I hope Olga takes you someplace real nice ;Grin

Take care my friend and good luck with your visit with Dr. Brissman.

Tom

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2007 at 7:47am

SmileyHAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!! Smiley

Sorry I'm late with your birthday wishes. I hope your birthday was a special time of celebrating and an experieince of everything good in life.  God knows we all have much to celebrate!

SmileyCELEBRATE! SmileyCELEBRATE!  (I wish I could find some balloons and fireworks to add! LOL!)

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2007 at 1:21pm

Hi all,

Thank you so much for B-day wishes. I wish I could say that I had a great b-day, but actually it was filled with sadness. Upon arriving at work, I found out that one of my co-workers had passed away due to complications from Luekema (late 30's with four kids). Unfortunately, another friend at work passed earlier this year.  And, unfortunately Olga was home sick, so, not so much fun on the b-day, but........

But with that said, there is a bunch of good news in my life over the past few weeks.

1) Over the weekend, I spent several bright and sunny hours bringing my motorcycle back to life and for the first time since being diagnosied two years ago, I grabbed my helmet and went for my first ride in nearly 2-1/2 years (Olga has never seen me ride it, and she missed this time too). It was only around the block. I was nervous as hell, but boy oh boy was it fun. Game plan is too build up more courage and start riding more often, even if it is only around the block a few times.

2) Throught all of the health issues and time away from work, on  April 1st I was promoted to Manager - Glabal Package Development. Yeah, now I have people workign for me again. And the new responsibilites are a nice distraction from my health. New challenges are always welcome.....

3) It has now been over a year since my last TIA  Smiley.

4) Via the help of some "happy medication" life has been pretty good...my phantom symptoms now only appear on very rare occassion (like those pesky four days of continuous rain and low pressure systems). Thank you too my new psychiatrist who agreed that I had too much anxiaty revolving around the illness....

5) Seeing that Olga and I have not been on vacation in over a year, we spurged and bought a new flat pannel tv...... Smiley....after all, with all of the medical bills, whats one more monthly bill.  ;Grin

6) TomG finally encouraged me to get yet another opinion. Yesterday afternoon I faxed everything to Dr. Brisman here in NJ (He did his degree at Columbia under Dr. Connolly). So, on Monday the 7th I am off for another opinion.

7) Olga and I had dinner with TomG and his wife the night before his angio (see Tom's post on the other page). Great night of food, conversation and laughs even though there was enough rain outside that we should have been building a Arch. And the best part was the results of Tom's angio....

8) And finally, one year old, wiser, and still going strong (for the most part).....but, as  I look at it...any moring that I can put my own feet on the floor and put them back into bed at night is a good day....any thing else is extra.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Greg

(One day at a time - tis enough. Do not look back and griece over the past, for it is gone; and do not be trouble about the future, for it has not yeat come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.  - Ida Scott Taylor

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #6 - May 4th, 2007 at 4:07pm

Cry
     Hey Greg Debbie and I are sooo sorry over the loss of your friend.
     Hey! If you ever do have surgery, It couldn't be a worse day than this Birthday. Roll Eyes

It sounds like your happy about riding again, but please be careful,  I'm not a motorcycle fan,  even healthy people have severe mishaps on them.

So take care and I agree that a summer Jersey Shore get togather would be nice ;Grin

Tom

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2007 at 10:45pm

Hey Greg
Sorry your birthday wasn't one of fun and excitement, but glad to hear that you are taking steps in getting back to your normal life! My hubby Tony went out a few months ago and bought a limited edition Ducati 1000 (Paul Smart) It is at the moment a single seater but he is making enquiries into getting it made into a double seater and believe me, when that happens we are gonna call up a babysitter and go for a blat!!!! Loooove motorbikes - he also has a BMW and a Harley so we do get the opportunity to go out occasionally. I am an avid advocate of living your life to the fullest and since my operations have never been afraid to do anything I want!
Good luck Moira

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #8 - May 6th, 2007 at 1:19pm

Gee...looks like we are both running late with birthday wishes.  Maybe it's just because we are both bull-headed and do not want to think of being a year OLDER.  LOL!  But....at least we are wiser.  Wink

Hope things are going well for you.  Smiley

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #9 - May 8th, 2007 at 9:04am

Happy belated birthday Greg!  (I'm sorry for the loss of your co-worker.) 

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #10 - May 24th, 2007 at 9:27pm

I have to chime in here and wish you a Happy Birthday.....but most importantly......send you a decadent, 
CHOCOLATE
"cyber" CAKE!

Diane  Wink

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 5:23pm

Smiley
HAUOLI LA HANAU GREG!!!!!
Smiley

Aloha Greg!!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!  Hope yours was extra special. How are you?  Olga?  Gee...it seems like forever since we've last corresponded!  Embarrassed  I haven't been back to NJ since last year (just got back from Orlando last month though).  I think you, Olga, Tom and his wife need to take a much needed vacation here!  Wink  Well, I was just passing through and saw that you (and Moira) had a birthday!!  Again, best wishes and may you be blessed with many many many more!  Much aloha, Shan  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2007 at 5:27pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge