Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you mind if I brag just a little??? (Read 2234 times)
mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Do you mind if I brag just a little???
May 24th, 2007 at 11:17am

We have a local race that's run every year.It's named after a former teacher who suffered a stroke quite a few years ago.It's called The Bob Smith Challenge.They have several different levels you can race in from 5 miles to the "One Lap Wonder". Well Kathleen "ran"(she's getting pretty fast since she got her new leg brace but the telltail sign that she's running is her right arm swings really fast).she did the One Lap Wonder which is 1/2 mile!!! She came in dead last but she made it the whole way on her own.When she turned the last corner about 10 of her friends went out and ran her in.She was smiling from ear to ear she just loved the cheers and excitment of it all.She told everyone the next day at school that "she won".She's certainly got the right attitude because I beleive she did "win" she won her own personal challenge because 5 years ago she couldn't walk 50 yards in gym class without a fancy walking device and after she did that she had to sit back down in a wheelchair.There's a quote that I beleive she' lives her life by without even knowing it "I can't is only a state of mind"Thanks for listening to my little brag about my hero!
Mary and Kathleen

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: Do you mind if I brag just a little???
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2007 at 2:38pm

Ok, now you got me crying. What a beautiful post Mary Grace. I’m very proud to call her a winner in every way. She’s been through so much and has more guts than I ever will. God love her! She’s definitely a hero in my book. You go girl! Keep it up.  Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2007 at 7:35pm

Mary Grace,

You can brag about Kathleen all you want.  It's like Mar said, she has overcome so much and is an inspiration to all.  I believe attitude is everything and Kathleen certainly has a positive attitude and it shows.  Kathleen is a winner! She just keeps going and going! It's great and I love to hear about Kathleen's progress.

Thanks for sharing Kathleen's big win!

Go Kathleen!

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2007 at 2:35pm

Hi Mary....

Thanks for bragging! It's what gets us mom's thru the day....that and a good piece of chocolate!

Our kids fill our days with all the love, joy and entertainment we could possibly desire.....and they ask only for a smile, hug and a few words of encouragement in return. What a deal!!!!

Diane : )

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge