Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What a relief....it's official...... (Read 4713 times)
lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
What a relief....it's official......
Jun 13th, 2007 at 1:50am

All Insurance appeals....both Stanford Hosp for $261,000 and the local University Hosp here in Cleveland for (aprox $60,000)  have been fully resolved and there remains no financial responsibility due from me.

I knew 3 weeks ago about Stanford being resolved, but I was certainly quite worried about the smaller amount from the local hospital because I did not have any agreement prior to my admission with the Insurance Co regarding Univ Hosp....like I had with Stanford. With Stanford, I called for pre-authorization and they promised me it would be covered, then they hid behind contractual wording to assign liability on me. With the Univ Hosp, it was considered out-of-network and I was totally unaware until "after" the fact. So that bill "legally" worried me.

I'm not sure I would have taken well to living out of my van after they repossessed my house to pay all that debt!!!!

I think "some" of my post surgical headaches should start improving now!

The final closure letter is due from the Insurance Company as to the status, but they officially told me the good news. I think they were happy to get rid of me! I was on the phones with them weekly and my calendar was marked with dates for statutes, follow-ups etc...let alone a thick file and notebook recording every word spoken between us.

Whew! I can't tell you what a relief it is to have that all behind me! I thank God for all my countless blessings.

I hope no one here will ever be in similar shoes.....but if so....will find a similar happy ending when all is said and done! My case took seven long months to reach conclusion. I-yi-yi   Shocked

thanks to all of you that jumped in with support and encouragement...... you really helped to keep me focused.
Hershey's Caramel filled Kisses are being thrown your way!

Smiles....Diane   : )

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2007 at 1:53am by lotsofkids »  

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Re: What a relief....it's official......
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:09am

Diane,

I've been watching all the posts about this.  I'm so glad that its worked out to your benefit.  What a stress release that one is. 

Very Very happy to hear the insurance company finally got it figured out.

Best of wishes to you.

Hillary

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:39am

Diane,

I am very happy to hear that you can finally relax and dont have to worry about that whole ordeal! I am so glad it is over for you and thanks I absolutely love Hershey's Caramel filled Kisses Smiley

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 1:07pm

Congrats on winning lottery #2.  Time for chocolate.  Smiley

Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 2:04pm

That's great news!!!! What a load off your shoulders.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 6:05pm

thanks Hillary, Christy, Greg and Mary Grace....and to so many of you here on the board that sent positive vibes my way!

I must say.....I always considered myself strong.....but this situation broke me down on a couple of occasions....and I really cried out of hopelessness. Especially, the day the Insurance Company added the second hospital into the mix! Talk about sensory overload!

Well I am glad to share my relief with the board and lotsa, lotsa cyber chocolate too!

PS: the Hershey's Dark Chocolate kisses filled with Cherry cream are my newest favorite....what'll they come up with next!

Thanks guys for being in the ring with me......diane : )

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 9:21pm

Hi Diane,

I know how much of a relief this is for you.  I can only begin to imagine the level of stress and the toll it has taken on you.  It "frosts my socks" to think that people who are ill, just had brain surgery and should be recovering and getting better instead of dealing with something of such magnitude, is put through something like this and in your case, TWICE!.  It is so ridiculous and so unnecessary. I hope you negotiated a lifetime of Godiva chocolate for your pain and suffering! LOL!

Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 9:27pm

Diane,

I can't believe I sent two responses to the same post. LOL!

I do hope you negotiated a year's supply of Godiva chocolate for your pain and suffering.  And I'm really glad this is all behind you.

Hugs,

Lore

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2007 at 9:02pm by Lore »  

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 10:22pm

don't worry Lore....I laughed......this is a Moya-Moya site......everything is double, double!

Hmmm....I don't think they added the years supply of Godiva into the resolution.....but it sure sounds like a winning solution to me!

hugs back at ya.....Diane : )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge