Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone in the Washington DC area? (Read 5578 times)
leemyd
New Poster

Daughter: STA-MCA Bypass
at age of 9 in 2007

Herndon, USA, VA, Virginia
Anyone in the Washington DC area?
Jul 28th, 2007 at 1:13am

My sweet, sweet daughter, who will be having her 9th birthday party tomorrow, was diagnosed with MM this week.  My older sister passed away three months ago due to complications stemming from MM.  She was 48 leaving behind a wonderful 9 year old son and a bright 10 year daughter.  No one knew about this disease.  Needless to say, it's  been a challenging year.  However, my sister left me a gift.  Her death led me to my daughter's diagnosis.  My wife and I haven't told my daughter yet but considering that we'll be scheduling a trip to Boston within the next month, we'll have to tell her about it this week.  Any word of advice would be appreciated.     I would love to meet or talk to anyone having gone or going through similar experience.  We live in the Washinton DC area.

IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Re: Anyone in the Washington DC area?
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 8:54pm

Hi, I'm sorry for what you going throught, my name is Kieu, I live in Richmond, VA, and have surgery @ Johns Hopkins hos.  feel free to call me at 804-379-8839 or email me @ gouldthunder@aol.com.

Kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Re: Anyone in the Washington DC area?
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:09pm

Hi!

My name is Michelle and both me and my brother have MM.  We live in Fredericksburg, VA, and I work in the Arlington/Rosslyn area.  We would love to meet you and your family and will help out wherever we can. 

When do you go to Boston?

If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask us.  We've both been through surgeries and hopefully can offer some insight to all of this. 

You can contact me by emailing me at Chelles4U@aol.com.

Praying for your daughter and family!

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge