Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Hero (Read 8764 times)
MrsDeej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it....and it's beautiful!

Wichita, KS
My Hero
Sep 13th, 2007 at 11:56am

Hello Everyone!!

Well five weeks out and I think we might have this baby thing figured out!!   ;Grin  He's sleeping around 5 hours at a time, much better than before...just praying it will continue and only get better!!  He's so precious, everytime I look at him I'm still amazed at what a beautiful child he is, truely blessed!

Ok, enough about that miracle for now, and on to another one.  A few months back I saw a segment on CNN about heroes.  I know everyone in this community thinks highly of DJ and everything that he has done, however, my husband is one of the most humble creatures God created and doesn't take credit where credit is due.  I believe DJ should be nominated and highlighted as a CNN Hero.  I think it would mean more to DJ to be nominated from this community as a hero, than any material possession or monetary value.

Not only did he create this site selflessly, but also www.clusterheadaches.com, of which both were done to reach out to two diverse communities for support, encouragement, education and family.  Bringing so many people together to provide a sense of security among a world of questions, fear, doubt, and hurt.  I am amazed at not only the compassion of my husband's heart, but the passion he has put forth for people he has never met, nor will ever meet.  To me, that is not only incredible, but humbling, and makes me look at things in my world in a new light.

Not only has he served this community as your hero, but 20 years as one of America's Heroes in the USAF.  So many wonderful things have come out of these two sites he's created, literally to a world wide scope, now it's time for the world to know where they came from.

If you're interested in nominating DJ to be a CNN Hero, go to http://www.cnn.com/heroes

Entries must be posted by September 30, 2007 (and since you're already online...)  Wink   

I'm truely blessed to be your wife, best friend, lover, and confidant.  Thank you for loving me.  In more ways than one, you are and always will be my hero.

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!
WWW MrsDeej MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: My Hero
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2007 at 10:28pm

Hi Steph,

I need some DJ hero personal info to nominate him.

I need the following'

City, state, zip, age, e-mail and phone number.

You can PM me if you don't want that info on the net.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:33am

Steph

The pics are soo good - the kids are so cute.

I would like to nominate DJ also---I also would need the info if it is OK with you.

Janice

IP Logged

MrsDeej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it....and it's beautiful!

Wichita, KS
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 9:54am

Lore...that might be helpful, huh?!  

Daren Johnson
Wichita, KS
deej@clusterheadaches.com
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2007 at 8:25pm by MrsDeej »  

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!
WWW MrsDeej MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 12:26pm

What a great idea!!!! He sure is a hero to lots of people. Thanks for the heads up.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 8:36pm

Cheesy YOU GO STEPH    DJ  IS THE MAN  !!!!!!!

HEROooooooo TOO  MANY  !!!!!!!!!!

LOVE  DJ

Eline Calvert

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 8:38pm

I Meant love U dj  ;Grin  You Too Steph

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 7:31pm

Hi Steph, that is great idea, without this site I wouldn't know much about the disease I carry. DJ is true a hero.

Kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

Kath41
Experienced Poster

SOOOO happy to have found
this website for support

Kansas City, USA, usa, 297, 159, MO, Missouri
Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 10:38pm

I just finished filling out the form..what a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!  Thanks Steph!!

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 3:15pm

Hey Steph,

Thanks for letting everyone know about the CNN Hero. I stayed up late last night and filled it out. I believe that Dj is one of my heros and I found myself running out of room on the form rather than things to say (maybe I talk to much) Smiley

Anyways, I also wanted to thank you for putting more pictures up of your beautiful family. I love the pictures and I am sure it is wonderful having Brandon there now with all of you!

Love, Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 7:36pm

Hey Steph,

I just finished filling out the form. Hopefully if we all fill out the form, DJ will win. Regardless, he is one of my hero's. Without him and this site, there would be a lot of us wondering aimlessly and thinking that we were the only ones with such a rare disease.

Good Luck DJ.
Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2007 at 12:56am

GOT MY LETTER WROTE TOO !!!!  DJ  U  R  A  HERO  TOO  SOooooooo MANY  8) 8) WE  (ALL)  LOVE YOU 

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #12 - Sep 23rd, 2007 at 11:24pm

My submission is in.

No complaining DJ, this is what happens when you are so selfless and caring. We love you and want the world to know!

P.S. If you need a way to think of this as not being about how great you are, just think of the publicity MM will get if you win!  Wink

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

twin1
Ex Member

My 16 year old twin and
I both have MoyaMoya!!

Reply #13 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:31am

hi steph ,
          MY MOM AND I NOMINATED DJ! I WISH I COULD, BUT I AM A HALF A YEAR TO YOUNG ! WE HOPE HE WINS . SAY HI TO EVERYBODY !TALK TALK TO YOU SOON !

TAKE CARE,
KATE.M.

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #14 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:25pm

Hi Steph!

I meant to tell you that I also nominated DJ for the CNN hero thing back while I was out with my brother in Stanford for his follow-ups.  Shane and I sure do hope he wins.  Smiley

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

srkm5482
MM.com Sponsor

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sugar Land, TX
Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 12:44am

Steph, I am so glad you found out about the CNN hero nomination.  DJ definitely deserves it!  Ever since I found this site, even though Kyle was several years post-stroke, I've considered DJ a hero for creating it.  I know what it was like to go thru an MM diagnosis w/o this site and I'm so thankful no one else has to do that anymore! 
A few years ago, I sent info about DJ and this site to REader's Digest for their Everyday Hero pages but I never got a response.  I had also thought about the "Points of LIght" thing that Bush 41 started when he was prez, but I don't know if that is still going on.
I love what you wrote - you said it so eloquently!
Thanks again - we'll see if we can't get him on CNN!
xoxo to baby Brandon and his big bro!

sue

Sue (Kyle's mom)

IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2007 at 6:15pm

Steph -
Am finally letting you know that Jon, Kate and I are rooting for our "nominated hero" - Deej, of course !!  Can't think of a better person to receive this recognition.
Cass

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 12:38pm

Here is a link to the Points of Light webpage.  Maybe we can all nominate DJ for this as well.  Smiley

http://www.pointsoflight.org/awards/dpol/nominate.cfm

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge