Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skin Cancer (Read 3866 times)
Chelsie
Experienced Poster

Columbus, USA, usa, 418, 135, OH, Ohio
Skin Cancer
Aug 7th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Has anyone dealt with skin cancer and have any words of wisdom on the topic?  I just had a biopsy come back as early melanoma and am scheduled for surgery.
Thanks!!
Chelsie

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Re: Skin Cancer
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:46pm

i personaly have never had it but my grandpa has. He said it wasn't plesent. He had to get his nose, ears tips and a good chunk of his chin replaced. Not all at the same time. i am very fair skined and always wear SPF 50 and reapply about an hour before it says to. I still have gotten burned. I hope your recovery goes well. I can't tell my grandpa had his skin grafts to replace what he needed replacing.
I will pray for a speedy recovery and  no scars.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:14pm

Hi Chelsie,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Hope your day has been a special one and that you did something fun. 

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:16pm

Oops...I'm sorry, I posted in the wrong subject line.  But now that I am here, I am so sorry to hear about the cancer.  I wish I knew something about the cancer, but I don't.  I will keep you in my prayers and hope everything goes well.  Please keep us aprised of how things go.

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:34pm

Hi Chelsie, I don't know anything about skin cancer, so I don't have information for you. I hope your surgery go well, and cancer is go away for good.  Keep us update so we know how you doing.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

JuliesMom
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Osteen, USA, usa, 466, 279, FL, Florida
Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:31pm

Hi Chelsie,

I was diagnosed with melanoma this past Dec.  After they removed it, I have to go back every 3-4 months for check ups.  I was told that once your body has made melanoma cells, it doesn't forget and reoccurance (if it happens) usually happens within 2 years of the 1st finding.  So far I have only had 1 more occurance and we caught it early.  I was also told that melanoma if left undetected is the only type of skin cancer that can progress internally to other organs.  So keep a close eye.  Which is a full time job if you happen to be fair skinned with lots of freckles and moles.

I'm still paranoid about going out in the sun. Which has been a challenge since I live in the "sunshine state".  I love the sunrises and sunsets so much more now.  The good news is that melanoma is one of the most curable cancers.  Hope all goes well in your surgery.  If you have any questions or want to chat you can email me at chericastillo@bellsouth.net.

And after what our family has been through with moyamoya, melanoma was a breeze.  We learned through moyamoya that doctors are amazing and our bodies can rebound from almost anything.

Cheri
aka JuliesMom

Cheri aka JuliesMom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge