Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some thoughts to share.. (Read 2290 times)
KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Some thoughts to share..
Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:46am

When I was feeling a bit low a few weeks ago, my Mom gave me a little book with short writings about recovery. I wanted to share a couple of them with you. They both stuck a chord with me. The first is about the especially strong and beautiful bond that all of us moyamoya folks share; I experienced this again recently during our Northwest moyamoya gathering. The second is about hope, courage, strength and moving forward; nine months post-surgery, I think that I'm finally ready to take wing ...

Recovery leads to a sense of community.
Recovering people have a common bond.
Recovering people treat each other as longtime friends.
Recovering people become simple and honest with themselves.
Recovering people have a sense of their mortality.
Recovering people consider their fellows as their family.
Recovering people allow their fellow to live and die with respect.
Recovering people are special... but they are ordinary.
[Jim McGregor]

Be like the bird
That, pausing in her flight
Awhile on boughs too slight,
Feels them give way
Beneath her and yet sings,
Knowing that she hath wings.
[Victor Hugo]

Kim
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:53am by KTiller »  

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Re: Some thoughts to share..
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:49am

Thanks Kim....a profound choice of our emotions and thoughts are in those words you've posted.

Having a serious illness does not come without an internal upheaval of our deep core values. We reset our priorities and arrange them in a more logical and meaningful way. We appreciate people and relationships more. We focus on sensitivity towards others and detach ourselves from the material based pleasures and gyrate more towards the simple beauty of things once overlooked. We deepen our faith and sincerity. We are faced with the reality of our mortality.

I know.....MM has humbled me....but, I would like to think I am much better for having MM. I am blessed. I am taking time to "smell the roses" I am determined to "not sweat the small stuff"
I have bonded with my MM friends.....and that is such a wonderful enhancement in my life.

I get emotional so much faster (teary) with movies or news etc....but hey....I guess MM made me a softy!

I hope we never define ourselves by the physical negatives of Mm.....but look at what MM has brought into our lives and the lives of those around us. 50 years ago....we never would have survived MM. Now...we have options and treatment. For all of us that have had a successful surgery.....we must always be thankful.

(there are of course, some people that have not been so fortunate, and some who have even lost the battle with MM...and for those brave souls.....may God Bless them....)

Diane

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Some thoughts to share..
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 10:49am

Kim and Diane,your words ring so true to my feelings exactly.I've had 2 very difineing moments in my life that has changed our  whole family.The first was the day my daughter was born and we were given the news that she had Down syndrome.Even though we were given such a negative outlook for her life we knew when we ehld her that we were truely blessed.I felt privledged to be chosen as her mom.(15 yrs ago we would have been told to put her in a home and forget she was even born)This could have either torn us apart with grief and fear or strengthened us luckily it brought strength.Along with the strength came a completley new outlook and direction for our family.The second moment was was five years later when she suffered a stroke and was diagnosed with MM.As you said Diane we no longer "sweat the little stuff" we've slowed down to Kathleen's pace and see so many more blessings around us.We live one day at a time.She has shown us what determination,and positive thinking can do,these are the  most powerful traits you can possess.She's my HERO!!! Thank YOu for the reminder ladies!
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge