Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Great Apple Race (Read 3238 times)
mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Great Apple Race
Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:13am

I wanted to share our newest accomplishment.My daughter just "ran" her last "Great Apple Race".(350 yards)she's in 5th grade and will be going to the Junior High school next year, (they don't have an apple race).Her school has a Great Apple Race every year, I say every year I won't cry but I do.....She actually won and award this year at the assembly.Most Improved! There wasn't a dry eye in the house when her gym teacher explained that Kathleen's first race in Kindergarden was in a wheelchair,her next race was about 50 yards with a walker,this year she"ran" 350 yards in less than 4 minutes!!!( I say run, but you can only tell she's running because her right arm swings really fast at her side).If you ask her if she won she'll tell you "yes" and in my book she's always a winner.She honestly doesn't care if she wins,or if she does it differently she just wants to participate with her friends.At the end of the race she was coming in alone so about 8 friends went back and ran in with her, cheering her on the whole way.Her smile never dwindled for 350 yards!She's my HERO!!!! Oh yeah her award was cider and cider donuts.YUMMY!
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: Great Apple Race
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:57am

Congratulations Kathleen on your "Great Apple Race"! Way to Go! You are definately an inspiration to all with all that you accomplish.  Smiley Wink Cool

Mary Grace,

It's hard to imagine Kathleen will be in Junior Hgh next year. How time flies!

Kathleen has progressed extremely well and it shows in all her accomplishments. She is an inspiration to all MMers and to anyone who would say, I can't do it, or it can't be done. The progress she has made is amazing. It's obvious Kathleen is a fighter and determined not to let MM rule her. What a positive attitude and determination Kathleen has!  We can all learn from Kathleen's positive attitude, determination and will.  She is a HERO!

Keep up the great work Kathleen!

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 12:06pm

Oh my gosh, Mary Grace, I'm in tears reading about Kathleen and her huge accomplishment!  She's such a trouper and obviously filled with an incredible determination.  What an amazing testament her life is!

Please give her a big hug for me, and tell her her moyamoya family in California is very proud of her!

Love,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 7:07pm

Wow Mary Grace !

I know how proud you are of Kathleen.  That is SO terrific.

Kathleen - You rock, girl!!

Hugs from your MM friends in Dallas, TX

Cass, Kate, Jon, Tyler and Greg

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge