Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone in NY, NJ or VT??? (Read 6866 times)
mjmom
New Poster

My son was diagnosed with
MM ten yrs. ago

Vermont
Anyone in NY, NJ or VT???
Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:39pm

Is there anyone out there who was treated at Columbia Pres. or have their child treated at the Children's Hospital there?  We are now in VT but used to live in NJ.  Just wanted to reach out to see if there was anyone close by to us and/or treated at the same hospital as our son!
Thanks!!   

Best Wishes to you all,
Gretchen
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:19pm by mjmom » 
Reason: making it more specific... 

IP Logged

1inamillion
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Long Island, NY
Re: Anyone in NY, NJ or VT???
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:25pm

My daughter who is 3 months old was just diagnosed with moyamoya.  I am bringing her to a doctor in boston.  what doctor did you see here in new york.  I am having a great deal of trouble finding a pediatric neurosureon in new york, not sure why.  If you could help I would appreciate it.  Thank you.  Jeannine

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 1:35pm

In response to both Jeannine and Gretchen...We live in NY. My daughter had ehr surgeries in Boston with Dr. Scott. We did see a pediatric neurosurgeon just recently for a follow-up because he just joined our neurology group at Albany Medical center children's hospital in Albany NY. He was very knowledgable about moyamoya. Jeannine where are you in NY? We're in Albany.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

DFior
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Long Island NY
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 9:27pm

We are from Long Island NY. We found that pediatric neurologist did not know much about MM. Through this website we found Drs Scott and Smith at Boston Children's hospital. They were so encouraging and knowledgeable we had a lot of confidence in them. We stayed at the Yawkey house while she was in the hospital so it was affordable to have the surgery there

IP Logged

1inamillion
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Long Island, NY
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:59pm

We liked Dr. Scott and agreed with his suggestion to repeat the mri/mra.  So we did and now we are waiting to here the results in the morning.  VERY nervous, can't sleep.  Want to know but its been so nice not worring about it for a little bit.  Time to face the music I guess.  Thanks for listening.  Jeannine

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge