Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
thoughts (Read 3703 times)
mlgohsman
Junior Poster

Failure is NOT a option
& giving up would b 2
easy

USA, Saginaw, Michigan
thoughts
Feb 7th, 2009 at 1:53am

It is so weird, (today is my bday) and I remember last year, I fell into such a deep depression, I didn't know why I had my stroke, or what was wrong with me, that I almost did not even want to go out into public, it was horrible. I realized, that I have so overcome many fears, and it all takes time, That some days I do get super worried, but I know now, its just going to take time, I can always pray, and I will know what to do, I remember being so afraid, of being in public, having to go, I would scream and cry! I now want to just be out, and enjoy myself, I have many days where I am afraid, but they are now few and in-between, and I wanted to thank everyone, for always being here for me, when I needed somewhere to talk/vent, someone always replied, or talked to me, thank-you everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know, thats new here, it is a hard tough road, but as long as we stand for one purpose, we can help so many people along the way, and thats what we are doing, and with time, we can all feel better about selves, thanks everyone

Sta-Mca bypass June 27th 2008 Smiley Ruptured aneurysm, 10-04-08
repaired 10-06-08 and one aneurysm 10-11-08 clipped 10-20-08
WWW mlg_9_16_05 sweetascndy69  
IP Logged

LA
Senior Poster

Moyamoya survivor since
1999!

Kneeland, USA, 15, 113, C
Re: thoughts
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 12:54pm

Wishing you a Happy Birthday!

I applaud your attitude and courageous ability to take back your life!

You're an inspiration.

I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy this birthday and look forward to many more.

Linda A (LA)

Linda (LA)

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 3:50pm

Happy Birthday Michelle,

Despite all you have been through, both personally and with your son, you emerge strong and positive and are an inspiration to all. You have certainly learned to dance in the rain.

Enjoy your special day.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Little Luca
Senior Poster

Whatever it takes

Somerset West, South Africa
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:12am

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you for Friday.

I think what you say in your post echo's what many feel. Overcoming your fears is inspiration to many.

All the best
Mark (Luca's DAD).

1st stroke in September 2008, age 10 months
Bi-lateral mm diagnosis
2nd stroke in November 2008, age 1 year old
Left side surgery in December 2008
13 years on now
Doing just great!

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 9:53am

First let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY( a little late).It wonderful to see that in just a year you've been able to take your life back.That's amazing for all that you've been through.My daughter's strokes and surgeries were almost 7 yrs ago and I still have days that I just can't handle what the strokes have done to her life.I think you've put so many of ours thoughts into words.Moyamoya is just a part of our life we can't let it take over.It's very comforting to know there are people here who can totally understand and be great support.Time really does heal the mind and body if we let it.....
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 12:39pm

mlgohsman,
I am so happy to hear you got past the dark side of your journey!! The dark side temps you and it seems easy but if you can resist the temptation you will be better for chosing the path of light and happyness. Happy belated birthday!!
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

mjmom
New Poster

My son was diagnosed with
MM ten yrs. ago

Vermont
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:49pm

Happy belated birthday!!

I read your post and just had to reply.  You have been through so very much and you should be so proud of how you rose above it all!!  You certainly have alot to give yourself credit for and I hope that you treated yourself to a wonderful Bday!  You certainly deserve it!  And here's to many, many more!!

Gretchen
son, Matt diagnosed 10years ago and doing well!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge