Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Half-Marathon - On the way to Seattle Marathon (Read 3951 times)
KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Half-Marathon - On the way to Seattle Marathon
Oct 27th, 2009 at 6:33pm

I finished the Columbia River Gorge Half-Marathon Walk in Hood River, Oregon this Sunday. The key word here is finished. I was dead last at 04:30:20, a whole hour behind anyone else, but still I finished the darned thing. It was practice for the Seattle Marathon on November 29th. That's the one that really counts as it's to raise money for Moyamoya research. Sure were a LOT of hills this Sunday, but oh the Fall colors and the views were absolutely gorgeous! I feel so fortunate to be able to do these walks. My MM was diagnosed after two tiny strokes and Dr. Steinberg was able to work his magic before the big one could strike. The more efforts we can make to raise awareness of MM the more people will receive earlier diagnosis and treatment and be spared devastating strokes. That's my hope anyway. I'll post a  link to my "Rocky" finish photo tomorrow. It was a thrill!

IP Logged

yunnanababy
Experienced Poster

My daughter had her surgeries
in October 2009

Indianapolis, IN  USA
Re: Half-Marathon - On the way to Seattle Marathon
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 11:29pm

Great job!!!

Mom to an 9.5 y/o ballerina/guitar player with MMD & an 11.5 y/o gymnast/cross country runner/swimmer!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/rubymaejingli
WWW 1422039771&ref=profile  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 3:29pm

Congratulations Kim!

Great accomplishment. Well done. You bring inspiration and hope to all MMers.

I'll be watching for the "Rocky" finish photo and I will be cheering you on November 29th.

Thank you for your determination and all your efforts to bring MM awareness to the forefront.

Hugs,

Lore and Cubbie

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 8:09pm

Thanks, gals. Here's the link to the "official" photos. It sure was a lot of fun. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge