Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
asa problems (Read 2917 times)
joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

asa problems
Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:33pm

My 12 year old is not handling the asa low lose 81 mgs enteric coated , he was also taking prevacid with them to help his tummy handle the asa , it was working for a bit , but since last April when he first got the MM diagnosis, he has had 5 episodes of throwing up just when he eats , and missing at least a week of school with each episode,  yes the headaches have decreased with taking the asa and more so since his surgery , i spoke with the stroke team here today and they mentioned switching him to Plavix (SPELLING), if any body has been thru something similar or has a child on this medication please give me some insight !!!!!!

IP Logged

joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: asa problems
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 8:51am

wow , i know i did posted this under the wrong catergory , but no one out there has a child (12) or any one that is taking plavix that has mm?? Or someone who did not tolerate the aspirin or have any other suggestions??

IP Logged

eve
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 5:02am

Hi I have 2 sons with MM and they both take Plavix because they can't tolerate the asprin.  They have been on Plavix for atl least 6 years with no problem from the Plavix.

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:10am

When I first went on aspirin I was told that many people take aspirin with something like prilosec or prevacid or any of the other acid-reducing meds (that you can get over the counter now).  I was already on prilosec for years...so...something you can ask you doc about as well.

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

joshandmom9770
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Thanks for your response , Josh is doing graet on the plavix and prevacid , no more tummy problems tahnk goodness!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge