Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indiana (Read 6018 times)
Meg
New Poster

Indianapolis, IN
Indiana
Oct 1st, 2010 at 12:55am

Hey! Just wondering if there is anyone in Indiana from the northern part of the state, or the central part/Indy area? I'm curious about other Hoosier's experiences with MM.

Also, I was wondering who you guys have as your neurosurgeon? My neurosurgeon was Dr. Terry Horner (he worked at Methodist Hospital), but he retired in 2009.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere & endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." ~Christopher Reeves~
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=735770456#!  
IP Logged

yunnanababy
Experienced Poster

My daughter had her surgeries
in October 2009

Indianapolis, IN  USA
Re: Indiana
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 1:25pm

Hi Meg,

We live in Indy.  My 7 y/o daughter had her surgeries in Oct 2009 with Dr. Jodi Smith at Riley Hospital for Children.  She just had her one-year follow up angio at Methodist last week, and I used to work at Methodist (finance, not clinical) but Dr. Horner's name does not ring a bell.  We love Dr. Smith - she is the best.  We spent about an hour with her in clinic on Tuesday this week, to receive the official result of the angio.  I can't say enough wonderful things about her.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Mom to an 9.5 y/o ballerina/guitar player with MMD & an 11.5 y/o gymnast/cross country runner/swimmer!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/rubymaejingli
WWW 1422039771&ref=profile  
IP Logged

abbe
New Poster

My son has MM

Merrillville, USA, usa, 373, 129, IN, Indiana
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:36pm

Hi Meg.
My son is 4 and was diagnosed when he was 7 months old.  We were living in NW Indiana when everything happened.  He was treated at Univ. Of Chicago Comers Childrens hospital by Dr. David Frim. He is doing well.  We have moved to Indy since and have been down here for a year and a half now.  We still do our follow up with Dr. Frim, but have found a new neurologist down here.  I would love to get in contact with you. My e-mail is abbeharpp@yahoo.com
Take care,
Abbe Harpp

IP Logged

William2010
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:29pm

We live in Fishers, IN, suburb of Indianapolis.  My son was 2 with his first stroke, and barely 3 with the second set of strokes.  We were first treated at Riley, unfortunately they misdiagnosed us. We had sought the help of Children's Hospital Boston as they are the #1 ranked hospital for pediatric neurology.  Dr. Scott diagnosed William and within two weeks we were in Boston having bilateral Pial synangiosis. He is fabulous.  We see Dr. Lisa McGuire at St. Vincent's Children's Hospital. She is amazing. She sees several Moyamoya patients.

IP Logged

abbe
New Poster

My son has MM

Merrillville, USA, usa, 373, 129, IN, Indiana
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 10:59pm

Would anyone from Indiana would like to have a get together maybe sometime after the new year?  I was thinking maybe Caribbean Cove.  I would see about getting a group rate if I could get a number ASAP.  E-mail me at abbeharpp@yahoo.com

Abbe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge