Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bypass not flowing well (Read 2889 times)
Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Bypass not flowing well
Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:10pm

Hi everyone, I've been reading up on the progress of some of you and have not really round the full answer. Hope some of you can help. I just received word yesterday that the MRI Flow test down last month shows a decreased blood flow on the left side. The STA/MCA was done last Sept. The MRI also showed abnormal signals (likely old strokes) that were not seen on testing last year. Dr. Du has indicated that there is not anogther surgical option available. Has anyone found this to be true? What else is out there. Dr. Du assisted in the original surgery with Dr. Arthur Day whom I loved but he has since moved from Boston to Texas. Not sure if I should contact him directly or not. Dr. Du stated to check with my other 2 neurologists for other medical options available...but one states that my headaches that I have just about daily have nothing to do with MM. Undecided

IP Logged

pamR
Junior Poster

mom of 15 yr old twins,
one with MM

Sellersville, PA
Re: Bypass not flowing well
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:32am

I don't know if this will help, but my daughter had her surgery a little over a year ago. Her one year angiogram showed great flow, but she still has daily headaches.  I find it very hard to believe the headaches are Not from MM. I would get another opinion. Hope you get some answers.
Pam

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:23am

I think contact Dr. Day is a good idea.  You are comfortable with him and if anything, he can give you guidance on where to go next.  I noticed you are from Mass.  Have you considered contact Dr. Scott at Children's for his opinion?  He did my surgeries when I was 29.  I would also contact Dr. Steinberg. 

Just my opinion....

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

twinsmom
Experienced Poster

16 year old twins with
MM

hollis, USA, NH, New_Hampshire
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:01pm

I agree with Shari - I think it would be a good idea for you to contact Dr. Scott at Children's and Dr. Steinberg at Stanford.  More information can only help you!!

"Come to the edge."   "We can't.  We're afraid."   "Come to the edge."  "We can't.  We will fall!"  "Come to the edge."  And they came.  And he pushed them.   And they flew.   by Guillaume Apollinaire

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge