Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Timothy's surgery underway (Read 5337 times)
Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.
 He is the one with MoyaMoya

Galena, USA, usa, 342, 118, IL, Illinois
Timothy's surgery underway
Nov 21st, 2003 at 9:23am

Timothy left for surgery about 45 minutes ago.  I will keep you posted as we hear.  Dr. Iskandar will give us updates every hour or so and expects him to be finished in approximately 4 and a half hours or so from now.  I will keep you all posted, this gives me a way to keep calm and pass time!

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Re: Timothy's surgery underway
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 9:30am

Just so you don't panic. Tylers first surgery took 8 hours. I was very worried, since they had said it would take about 5 hours. They told me everything went smoothly, and I know it was a success by the follow-up test. I have no clue why it took so long. Your whole family is in my prayers.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 9:56am

Thank you Rena!!!   Dr. Iskandar did say that we should not panic, and not to judge anything on the length of time that the surgery takes, as it is not an indicator of how things are going.  Once again, Thank you!

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 10:40am

Hey Tom!  Glad you have access to a computer!  Yeah, mine were 8+ hours each (which didn't bother me), but it drove my family nuts! LOL

Actually, when I was at Stanford when Amber & Mandy had surgery and I was on the waiting side, it was MUCH WORSE!  EVERY SINGLE TIME the door to the operating room area opened, I looked to see if it was Dr. Steinberg coming out to talk to the family.  I was an absolute wreck!   Smiley

I've been on both sides of Moyamoya surgery and I would DEFINATELY rather be the "one going under" instead of being the one to wait in the waiting room!

I'll be thinking about you and your family today!  HANG IN THERE!

8)
DJ
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2003 at 10:44am by DJ »  

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 10:40am

They just called from the OR and stated that the actual surgery started approx. 15 minutes ago.

IP Logged

kalise
New Poster

my son lives with moyamoya.

westernaustralia, Australia, australia, 21, 203, WA, Western_Australia
Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 5:22pm

Hi Tommy, Timothy is in my prayers, i'm sure he'll get thru this with flying colours....kid are so tough...Stay strong, will check in later, to see how it all went...take care, and god bless.
Kalise

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge