Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can anyone tell me about U of I? (Read 4615 times)
sisinlaw
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Beatrice, USA, NE, Nebraska
Can anyone tell me about U of I?
Feb 13th, 2004 at 11:05am

I read on the fourth page of the message board that someone had surgery at University of Iowa. Can anyone give me info on that and maybe surgeons there? Also is there somewhere or someone in Chicago that does the surgery? And has anyone ever heard of any reason that an adult MM may not be helped with the surgeries? Sorry about  the flood of questions. Embarrassed

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: Can anyone tell me about U of I?
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 1:19pm

Hi

My sister had surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn.  I know the clinic is 4 or 5 hours further.  If you need any more info - let me know.

Janicef

IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.
 He is the one with MoyaMoya

Galena, USA, usa, 342, 118, IL, Illinois
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2004 at 2:25pm

Hello sisinlaw,
                      My son had surgert at University of Wisconsin, which isn't that far from chicago.  We live about 180 miles from chicago.  The doctors at U of W are excellenet as well as the facilities.  If you would like more information, feel free to contact me!!!

IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 12:04pm

Hi Sisinlaw,

I had one-side surgery at University of Chicago about a year ago.  My neurosurgeon was R. Loch Macdonald.  I don't know the exact numbers but he has done quite a few of the STA-MCA surgeries.  My neurologist at University of Chicago is Dr. James Brorson.  They both specialize in vascular disease.  You can look up their info at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Registerunder the doctor search.

Another surgeon at Evanston Northwestern hospital (he is also at Lake Forest & Vernon Hills) has also had experience with Moya Moya.  Dr. Sami Rosenblatt- you can look him up at enh.org.  I've never met this doctor but came across him recently in my research.

Now can someone tell me how to properly highlight links in my messages Smiley !?!?

Happy Valentines Day! Smiley
Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2004 at 11:30pm

[quote author=LisaHlink=board=news;num=1076673231;start=0#3 date=02/14/04 at 12:04:43]Now can someone tell me how to properly highlight links in my messages Smiley !?!? [/quote]
Hi Lisa, Smiley
I just read your post and if you don't mind, I thought I'd try and explain how to highlight on your posts. DJ let me practice with him on pm's. I had a bugger of a time at first. I also practiced by hitting "Preview" until I got it right. Anyway...put the text you want to be "special" between the end of the 'starting bracket' and the start of the 'ending bracket'.  The 'slash' inside the brackets is the 'ending bracket'
For instance, if you want something in a
color
just put it between the brackets of the color you choose and keep hitting the prview button and refresh preview until you get the one you want and the way you want it. click on the tag you want. If it's Bold or Italic or underlined and say want you want between the brackets.

Hope I explained that so you can understand it.  Smiley

IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2004 at 9:10pm

Thanks Mar!
I didn't know that I could practice
so now
I'm hard at it
and
having some fun!

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2004 at 11:52pm

Way to go lisa, Cool!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge