Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just Back From Boston - Dr. Scott (Read 2969 times)
Marcia
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ponte Vedra Beach, USA, usa, 456, 257, FL, Florida
Just Back From Boston - Dr. Scott
Feb 28th, 2004 at 4:53am

My 15 month old daughter just had two surgeries with Dr. Scott at CHB. We were there from Florida for 20 days. If anyone would like to read about our experiences, I created a Care Page through CHB. Here's
how you access it:

http://www.tlcontact.com/ServeCarePage?cpn=ChloeDanzeisen

You have to register on the site, but it only takes a minute. I am now an expert on how to get through uprooting a family in Florida for 3 weeks and going to the best facility and doctors for  moyamoya in the world, so please let me know if I can help anyone else. Smiley

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Re: Just Back From Boston - Dr. Scott
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2004 at 1:37pm

Marcia - She's such a beautiful and brave little girl!  I'm glad she came through the surgerys with flying colors.  I think Dr. Scott is a wonderful man as well.  I, too, have a care page (those are awesome aren't they).  If you want to check mine out my care page name is "ShariTrantas" (one word).  - Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Marcia
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ponte Vedra Beach, USA, usa, 456, 257, FL, Florida
Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2004 at 11:49pm

Shari, I just looked at your site. You've been through so much. How old were you when you were diagnosed and first had symptoms? What were your symptoms? How is your recovery? Where are you from? Why did you choose Dr. Scott over Dr. Steinburg in CA? (Seems like most adults on this site go to CA.) Chloe is doing fine after her surgeries, but very irritable sometimes without explanation. (Of course she's too young to tell us what is wrong.) How long after your 2nd surgery before you washed your hair? My husband and I have different recollections of when Dr. Scott said  she could get her stitches/scars wet. Hope to hear from you!

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2004 at 11:10am

Marcia - I was 28 when I was diagnosed with MM (July 2003).  I woke up on a Monday morning, getting ready for work, and my right side of my body was numb - mostly my upper body.  My regular Doc sent me for an MRI to rule out MS but the results were abnormal so I was send to see a Neurologist (he's at Hospital of the Univ. of Pennsylvania)...I'm from the Philadelphia area.  He gave me a battery of blood tests, another MRI and MRA, and a angiogram.  They all confirmed the MM diagnosis.  We talked about surgery and he mentioned a slew of doctors accross the US.  I decided on Dr. Scott because I read his Q&A and I liked his approach and what he had to say.  Also, it was a lot cheaper for me to go to Boston than California...and more accessible to my family.    I also e-mailed Dr. Scott and he said he sees adults up to age 35.

My mom helped me wash my hair when I was in the hospital and when I was out.  I hung my head over the sink and we washed my  hair salon-style!  You should give it 10 days after the surgery before you get the incision wet.  I was told to use a mild shampoo the first couple of times I got it wet - and not to scrub.  It's taking a long time for the stitches to dissolve - I still have some, which I'm assuming Dr. Scott will remove when I go on Wednesday. - Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge