Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't sleep (Read 3050 times)
dw1
New Poster

Pomona, USA, usa, 65, 209, CA, California
Can't sleep
Mar 12th, 2004 at 5:33am

Hi all,

It's 2:20AM pst, and I can't sleep. Not that I have had any problems falling asleep but tonight I am feeling something funny or at least different. I have a rapid heart rate, trouble breathing, and dizziness at the same time. I am wondering if this is my body's way of warning me of "imminent danger ahead". I'm afraid to go back into dreamworld because when I had my initial stroke, it was during when I was asleep. Silly? Superstitious? My mind is not working right, or at least at full capacity.

You see I've already experienced weakness in my left arm which I thought I had sprained because I'm constantly reaching back in my wheelchair. And then, I thought maybe it's an MS attack. My neurologist are currently ordering tests to see if I have it or  not. It's still up in the air.

Or a third possible reason, maybe my body experienced a "mini-stroke" from the MM. I know it sounds weird but I am almost hoping it's the latter. Having MS would just add on top of my problems. Lord, knows we have enough to deal with, with "just" the MM. I'll probably stay up until my eyes beg for mercy and begins to shut itself down. See y'all in the morning...hopefully.

Doug

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Re: Can't sleep
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 7:23am

Hang in there Doug!  I hope you were able to get some good rest last night...

Let us know how you're doing today!

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 8:59am

Lrt your doctor know but I wouldn't worry because your symptoms are classic of nervous anxiety. which goes hand in hand with MM.  A simple prescription could put an end to these feelings.  also seek out the help of a good psychologist.  I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take care Tom G.

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2004 at 9:09am

Hey Doug,

You gotta hang in there Buddy!!! You're right, you've got more than your share of problems just having mm. God bless ya Pal, but you need your sleep too. Gotta fight this disease in any way you can and the best way you can. I hope you contact your doctor, you know your body better than anyone. I'm hoping it's anxiety over all that you've been through. You're in my prayers.

Mar

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge