Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
surgery scheduled (Read 6612 times)
babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
surgery scheduled
Mar 24th, 2004 at 10:32pm

hey everyone its christy.
found out today that i am headed out to stanford in two weeks for surgery. they will do the left side april 14th and the right side april 21st. dr. steinberg said i have a bad case of mm but my other blood vessels look real good so we are getting it taken care of asap. i was shocked how soon he wanted to have it done but atleast i dont have to continue worring about it. two weeks ago i was lost and had no idea what might happen to me and now i have found hope. i found this wonderful group of friends and now i will soon have surgery. thank you to everyone for your help. i will be in california for three weeks but until then i will be her to chat and will let you know everything when i return. again thank you.

christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: surgery scheduled
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 5:06am

Hi Christy

Great news.  We will all be praying for you.   My sister Patty had the surgeries at Mayo Clinic in Rochester 12/02, and 01/03.  While there we used the library with computers to send out daily emails on her progress.   She is such a treasure.  Hope to see you and your mom in August   

Janice

IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 7:59am

Christy:  I just got back from Stanford, too.  I think you'll be in great hands.  Good luck!  You'll be in my prayers.  Tricia ;Grin

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2004 at 10:47am

Smiley Fantastic news!! I'm so confident that you're in the best hands in the world! Isn't it astounding Christy, how so many doctors out there know so little about moyamoya? Your doctor said not to believe all you read and had you waiting on blood thinners. You are a perfect example where a second opinion with an experienced mm expert may have saved your life. Kudos to DJ and this wonderful network of information and support.   Smiley

We'll be there with you in spirit and prayers all the way.    Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 4:31pm

Hi Christy-----I know you had very little notice about the surgery but maybe that's a good thing----it sounds like you have no choice but you are in good hands----we are praying for you every day and look forward to seeing you in August......Be well.  God Bless you.  You will be ok...PatM ;Grin

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 8:36pm

Babyblue,
              My daughter Mandy had surgery in Feb. and March 2003 by Dr. Steinberg she is 20. We had a very pleasent experience he is an exceptional surgeon you will not be disappointed he and Theresa are the best. You are the first person other than Mandy that has been on here that doesn't really fit the age bracket for this disease they say 0 to 10 then 40 and over. We wish you luck and speedy recovery which I know you'll have because Mandy did and she went in in much, much, worse shape than you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  D.J. is the best support system you could have. Keep us posted.
                                Nancy and Mandy  Smiley  Smiley Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2004 at 11:19pm

thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. not that i want to have surgery but i am very excited that i have been givin the chance to fix my mm and especially before any real damage has been done. all of you have helped me so much, i am not scared of surgery now and cant wait to let everyone know how it went. you all are so great, my thoughts are with you all.

christy

p.s. i think everyone can agree that dj is the best!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2004 at 11:20pm by babyblue »  

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2004 at 9:31am

Nancy_N. wrote on Mar 27th, 2004 at 8:36pm:
You are the first person other than Mandy that has been on here that doesn't really fit the age bracket for this disease they say 0 to 10 then 40 and over.

Nancy - I don't fit the age bracket either - I was diagnosed when I was 28.

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2004 at 12:59pm

Shari,
       There's 3 of you then its definately not the norm for age your from philly too we were at one point then from right outside philly the first suburbs, thats kind of strange huh!
                                   Nancy Cheesy Smiley

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 8:25pm

Hi Christy.

I know that you should be leaving soon --we are all pulling for you.  You are in my prayers.  Keep us posted.  I know your mom will. 

Janice

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge