Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SPECT scans (Read 4749 times)
sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
SPECT scans
Apr 4th, 2004 at 4:28pm

Hi! I'm SC girl...

Just went Thursday and Friday to Emory Univ. Hosp. near Atlanta to have my baseline SPECT and SPECT scan w/ diamox done.  I'm sure most, if not all of you guys have already been through this process, so maybe you can tell me if any of you experienced a very "full" feeling in all of your sinuses in your face and a tingling sensation in your upper lip right after the diamox was injected?  Also, was anyone extremely dizzy Smiley  for the entire length of time up to the scan and afterwards, then really tired for the rest of the day?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be curious to know.

Thanks,
SC Girl

IP Logged

dreamerdi
New Poster

babyblue's mom

lakeland, USA, usa, 459, 286, FL, Florida
Re: SPECT scans
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 4:59pm

dear sc,
       hi my name is diane i am babyblue's mom, i dont have an answer for you but would be interested in knowing also as we are leaving for california on sat and christy will be having same test next week.  hope all is going good with you take care.

diane

snugglebunnydi dreamerdi5  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 8:45pm

Hi SC girl,

I don't remember having any of the side effects you mentioned when I personally had my SPECT scans done, but I did find this on the web about the possible side effects of Diamox:

"Tingling of the fingers, face and feet are the most common.  Dizziness, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, rashes and more serious allergic reactions have all been reported but are unusual."

Sounds like what you experienced was fairly common?

Wink
DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2004 at 10:05pm

Hi SC

Yes, I have the same side-effects from Diamox as you do.  Feels like Novacaine (sp?) in my entire face along with a heated kind of feeling, dizziness, tired and just kind of goofy feeling.  I've had 3 SPECTs so far and always feel the same.  I've learned that my day is pretty much shot after a Diamox test and it's best just to sleep it off.  Weird feeling isn't it -although I'll take a SPECT over the angio any day!!  Smiley

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 4:55pm

I have also felt "weird "after my SPECT exams.  The first time, I felt a little sick to my stomach and spacy the rest of the day, tired,and  I had tingling in my toes.  The 2nd time, I just felt a little "loopy" and tired.  Nothing lasted long ,though, soit wasn't too bad!   Undecided  Tricia

IP Logged

sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2004 at 7:42pm

Thank you for getting back with me DJ, Lisa and gilbertti!

Glad to know at least it wasn't just me feeling very strange, although many have told me I'm ALWAYS strange anyway! Roll Eyes

Sometimes you just wish the doctors would warn you about some of this stuff instead of waiting for you to find it out on your own... oh well, guess this whole MM thing is a huge learning experience...glad we're all in it together now!    THANKS FOR THIS WEBSITE, DJ!!!!  You are the awesome-est!!! Kiss

SC Girl (aka: Kris)

IP Logged

fairbanks
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cleveland, USA, usa, 425, 124, OH, Ohio
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2004 at 9:25am

Hi, Im' fairbanks I remember my spect scan and I get them very freqently, it was terrible I felt so sick everthing you felt and more I felt and it took like three hours for the firrst time. I felt like I was going to die or something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge