Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mri (Read 4057 times)
dw1
New Poster

Pomona, USA, usa, 65, 209, CA, California
mri
Apr 9th, 2004 at 9:49am

hi,

i just ran an mri yesterday. i don't have the "official" word  yet but looking at them, i see a white plaque on the right side of my head which would explain all the symptoms i've been experien ing on the left side of my body. this can mean either a stroke or ms.

if it is ms, does anyone know if it can affect one side of the body all t thje same time? i  was diagnosed with ms prior to mm but all my previous symptoms were on the right side of my body. isuffered a massive stroke on ghe LEFT side of my head. Now, I'm  experiencing symptoms on the left side of body and mri shows something "new" of  the right side of my brain.

I think I'll recheck into the ER today. Any advice?

Doug

IP Logged

MichelleB
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Redlands, USA, usa, 51, 202, CA, California
Re: mri
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 1:43am

My husband Eddie had all the same problems as you and was told possible ms.  Who is your doc?  His left side was affected and then started having problems on the right.  MRI showed strokes on both sides.  His spinal tap showed high white blood cells which wasn't common with ms.  Have you had a spinal tap?

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 2:57pm

Hi Michelle,
               Mandy did have a spinal tap the night she went into the hospital before her last big stroke that did the damage but was never diagnosed with MS. The hospital she went to though had seen cases of moyamoya so we lucked out. Her Dr. is Dr. Gary Steinberg in Ca. but we live in Va. we sent her films and in a day he told us the results he is the best he does seminars around the coutry to educate other Dr's about MM. I forgot did your husband have surgery yet? He is great and Dr. Scott from Boston Childrens alot of people go to from the site also he takes adults up to a certain age. He wanted to charge 250.00 to look at the films though Steinberg was nothing between that and I think he a little bit more experienced also. Please get back to me.
                                   Nancy Smiley ;Grin

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 3:01pm

Michelle,
            I meant to tell you a really lot of people have been miss diagnosed with MS read some of the old posts.
                        Nancy

IP Logged

alice_moya
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

west hartford, USA, CT, Connecticut
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 4:19pm

Like me.

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 7:37am

Michelle,
             Did your husband have surgery on both sides and where at what hospital?
                    Nancy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge