Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PatM's surgery!!! (Read 7187 times)
DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
PatM's surgery!!!
Apr 15th, 2004 at 8:37pm

Just in case she does not get on here tonight, I thought I would send the following, from an e-mail my sister sent out earlier today:

Hi everyone----sorry for the mass group e-mail but it's the only way I can communicate with you all at one time.......My surgery is tomorrow at 7:30am and I simply request that your thoughts and prayers be with me and my family......I am in very good spirits and am having a massage and an annointing today at 4:30pm. I still need to pack for the hospital and am waiting for my fax machine to fax out contracts of sale.....and still need to order title work for a few deals.......anyway, I will be back in touch next week......I thank you all for your kind e-mails, prayers and good wishes.......Be well and stay healthy....... until I e-mail you again.....Love, Pat

FYI . . . her surgery is 7:30 AM Eastern time, Friday, April 16th.

Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

Sara
Experienced Poster

I am 15 years post-op
and loving life!

Houston, USA, usa, 291, 279, TX, Texas
I hope everything is goig welRe: PatM's surgery!!!
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 2:37pm

Diane:

Do you know how she's doing? I am sure well... Please keep us posted!

Thank you, my thoughts and prayers are with her.  Wink

Tell her to hang in there, we are all thinking of her!

Sara

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: PatM's surgery!!!
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 4:42pm

Many many prayers.....Pleasekeep us posted.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 6:04pm

Spoke to my Dad about 2:00 P.M. their time, and he said Pat's husband had just called him to say she was out and it went well.  Dave (my brother-in-law, whom many of you will meet at the big get-together in August) was going to the hospital at 2:30 their time, so I hope to hear more again later.

Thanks for keeping her in prayer, everyone!

Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 9:26pm

Hi Diane,

Pat's been in my thoughts and prayers all day. Thank you for the update, it eased the knots alittle. You know we're right there with her. Don't worry Sis...she'll be fine. Smiley
Thinking of you all.

God bless,
Mar

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2004 at 9:49pm

Hi Diane.

Sure are glad to hear that your sister Patty's surgery went OK.  We will keep her in our prayers.  Also her wonderful sister.  We like any emals' - group or otherwise

Janice

IP Logged

donna
New Poster

jareds mom

brooklyn, USA, usa, 492, 144, NY, New_York
Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 4:48pm

hi diane
            my name is donna i am jareds mother i think you either spoke to or e mailed one of my daughters but i never spoke to you i have been praying for your sister and was wondering if you can let me know how she is doing ? how the operation was ? etc jared is going to have his first edas surgery with dr connolly on april30 i would like to know what to expect so i can begin to explain it to jared he has downs syndrome so i am the best person to explain it to him also pat i want to let you know that i think you are a great sister god bless you pat and your families thank you donna

IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 7:50pm

Well, I am 3000 miles away, so all my information comes through my folks who live in NJ too.  They saw Pat and she is doing well.  One eye is pretty swollen and red (not black and blue like Christy's!), but the doctor said that's normal due to the trauma of head surgery.

If my parents sound relieved and calm, then I am sure Pat is doing great.  She might have gotten to go home today (Sunday) or tomorrow (Monday), depending on how she's recovering, but I am not sure, as my brother-in-law was not home when I called earlier.  It's going on 8:00 P.M. there now, so if she was going home Sunday it probably already happened.

Not sure when Pat will be able to get on here herself to let everyone know how it went, but she'll be the best person to tell you what to expect.  (I'm kind of anxious to hear from her exactly what went on and how she feels too!)

Thank you to all for prayers and support.
Diane

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2004 at 8:30pm

Donna, How old is your son? My daughter has Moyamoya and also Down syndrome.She was five at the time of surgery.If you would like to e-mail me my address is RGrace5@aol.com.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 12:59am

Pat got to go home Sunday afternoon, 4:00 p.m. or so.  Spoke to my Dad this evening, and she's doing well.  Swelling on her eye was 90% away, according to him.  Still having some headaches, but all within the normal range, according to Dr. Connolly.

Diane
P.S. I heard Dave is moving the computer into the dining room (up from the basement) to make it easier for Pat, and I think they're upgrading to cable internet, so maybe Pat will be on here herself again soon!

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 7:51am

Hi Diane and Pat,

Glad for all the updates and that Pat is doing well.  We will keep you in our prayers

Thanks

Janice

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 5:43pm

Hi Diane and Pat,
               Glad to here all is well. Keep on posting!
                               Nancy ;Grin ;; Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge