Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New moyamoya member looking for answers (Read 2477 times)
mjt_family
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Canton, USA, usa, 403, 107, MI, Michigan
New moyamoya member looking for answers
Apr 19th, 2004 at 12:39pm

Hello,
Our mother recently had a stroke. She is 54 and has been in a coma for the last 11 days. They diagnosed her for moyamoya about 5 days ago. She is making slow progress but does seem to be coming out of her coma. When she comes out of her coma they will perform an operation. I've read about the different types of surgeries but not sure what type that they would perform in a situation like this. It’s a lot to absorb and I am sure that ever case is different but if anyone has gone through a similar situation and could provide any information it would be greatly appreciated. We live in southeast Michigan so if anyone has any information about a doctor in the area it would also be great help.

Thank you

The MJT family   

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Re: New moyamoya member looking for answers
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 1:05pm

Mjt,
       My daughter was 20 yrs old and had major strokes and was in a coma for a week then slowly recovered and has been rehabing for 16 months and after not even being able to sit up or talk she is walking on her own talking not perfect but talking and her arm is recovering slowly but its recovering she can do somethings on her own now also, it takes time but your mom will come around you just have to be patient. Mandy had to wait 4 to 6 weeks for surgery for her brain to cool down first from the strokes. She had surgery in Ca. by Dr Steinberg, sorry I don't know of any surgeons in Michigan. If you have any questions or want anymore info. just ask we'll be here for you. Sorry you had to join our family but it will be a great support and help that your here. Hope to here from you soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
                                Nancy Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: New moyamoya member looking for answers
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 9:29pm

Dear MJT family,

I am from Waterford Michigan and my sister has mm and a stroke in 2001,  Please contact me anytime -- I will give you my email address then my phone number if you want to call me.  I will talk to anyone,

JaniceTedd@cs.com

Janice

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge