Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DJ...can you help me with something (Read 7090 times)
hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
DJ...can you help me with something
Apr 28th, 2004 at 11:42pm

DJ,

i was wondering if you could help me with something, my daughters school is holding a fund raiser for us to help with expenses...i would like to provide them with more information, i am going to suggest to them something like an assembly or something because the whole school knows whats going on, and we have gotten several calls today about my daughter, if you have time and if you are willing, and anyone else, i was hoping to put together a bit of information to help others, so they are aware of what moya moya is and what signs to look for.  what do you think of this idea?  and do you have any other ideas?  anyone else with input pls feel free to reply, i'll take all the suggestions i can get

hillary Smiley

IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.
 He is the one with MoyaMoya

Galena, USA, usa, 342, 118, IL, Illinois
Re: DJ...can you help me with something
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 9:00am

Hello, when is this going to take place????

Let me know, and I can try to put together something on power point if i have time!!!

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 9:38am

hi Tommy,

thanks..i would like to do it in about a week, because we have tests next week and the week after, then surgery, so the sooner the better.

hillary

IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:02am

Hillary, can you get in touch with the school and find out if they would be able to do a power point presentation in the area that they will be holding the assembly??  If they can, let me know ASAP, so I can start working on it for you.  Also, do you have a high speed internet connection?? If not, I can overnight a disc if you can do a power point presentation
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:02am by Tommyb »  

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:24am

Hi Tommy,

Just wanted to say... you are too sweet!! God bless ya! I would love to help, but I would have no idea where to start. (??) Wow, I'm just so pleased and proud of ya for helping.

Good Luck Hillary! If there's anything I can do, please let me know and always know you all are in my prayers!

God bless, Mar

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:48am

Tommy,

There is no high speed connection in the gym area, i can give you a ups, or fed ex account number to send it over night if that works for you. 

this would be for kids in grade levels of 2nd through 6th grade and their parents if they are interested.  i have put our story on paper and having it proofed by some people i work for to see if they can understand it, and i will make copies of it and make it available at the assembly.

You are great Tommy, thanks so much for your help in this.  We want to get the word out to as many as we can about Moyamoya, and thought we would start with the school where my kids go.
Hillary

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 2:35pm

Thanks Tommy,  let me know if you need anything.

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 3:58pm

Hey Tommy - Give a hollar if I can be of any help too! 

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 4:22pm

Thanks everyone for the help...i just want to make as many aware about moyamoya as i can..thought this might help.

IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:10pm

hillary wrote on Apr 29th, 2004 at 11:48am:
There is no high speed connection in the gym area, i can give you a ups, or fed ex account number to send it over night if that works for you. 

Hillary,

What I believe Tommy is asking you about is whether YOU have a high-speed connection so he can send you the finished powerpoint file.  However, since it might not be your computer that would be used to display the presentation anyway, that might not matter.

It sounds like, Tommy, if you make a PPT and then save it as a PPS, then put it on a CD and send it FedEx or UPS or whatever . . . then they can show it on any PC hooked up to presentation equipment.  Perhaps Hillary can tell you which school it is, and you can contact them and speak to their AV people to find out what they have.

(I am a techno-geek, and a teacher.)

Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 1:43am

Thanks Diane...The school has done power point presentations before, so i know they have the capability, but to have it on disk would be great because i could then show others who might be interested like my family and things like that.  i have access to fedex and ups through my job so thats no problem, they even offered to pay for it so we could share it with the school and get the info out to others.

Hillary

IP Logged

Tommyb
New Poster

i am Timothys father.

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 9:05am

Yes, that is what I was inquiring.  I am going to get started on it this weekend, and will hopefully have it done by sunday night!!!!

IP Logged

joeblack357
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Groton, USA, CT, Connecticut
Reply #12 - May 6th, 2004 at 8:45pm

DJ/Tommy
Is there any way that you could put this PP on the site so everyone could down load and use it, or put it in a shared file on yahoo or some other place with a link to down load.
Thank you
Joe

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #13 - May 7th, 2004 at 1:57am

Sure Joe, if Tommy would like for the presentation to be available on the site, I can certainly (and would love to) make that happen.

Tommy?  Any thoughts?

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge