Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks for making this "home"!!! (Read 3692 times)
LA
Senior Poster

Moyamoya survivor since
1999!

Kneeland, USA, 15, 113, C
Thanks for making this "home"!!!
May 4th, 2004 at 3:12am

Hello Everyone~
I'm new to this web site and I feel like I've found a home. Have had two moyamoya strokes since 1999 and an going to Stanford for tests on recent TIA's next week. Having a support community of you all has helped me tremendously. My husband, Jack, too. Personal information and support are so valuable and I appreciate them. I've now had oppertunities to chat with others who know what this is about. Who can feel it and who live it too. I am thankful to you all. Special thanks to DJ who got it all rolliing!!!
LA (Linda)

Linda (LA)

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Re: Thanks for making this "home"!!!
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2004 at 3:47am

LA wrote on May 4th, 2004 at 3:12am:
Having a support community of you all has helped me tremendously. My husband, Jack, too. Personal information and support are so valuable and I appreciate them. I've now had oppertunities to chat with others who know what this is about. Who can feel it and who live it too. I am thankful to you all.

Thank you Linda!  That is EXACTLY what I had hoped this place would be for people who had to look up information on Moyamoya on the web!

No special thanks to me... I don't make this place what it is, just where it is.  I'm just a normal guy who found out about Moyamoya much the same way most of you did.  I just happened to be at the "right place at the right time" to be able to put my story online.

Special thanks should go to all of you from around the world that contribute with your stories, help, prayers and vibes.  YOU are the one's that make this place the wonderful support group it's becoming, not me!

Smiley

-DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2004 at 5:21am

Hi Linda,

I am also so glad this website is here - My sister was diagnosed with mm 12/97.  She had a devistating incident 02/01.   She is such a treasure - I love her so much.  I monitor this website daily to see if there is new information to help  in her recovery.

Keep us up to date -  how old are you now?  Patty is now 43 and has 2 girls - 16 and 14.

We will keep you in our prayers --good luck  at Staford

Janice -- Michigan

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2004 at 12:23pm

I too feel like I have found a home.  I do have a grief website that I go to, but they just don't understand.  Most of the children lost were to miscarriage or accident or cancer.  I find that most people aren't even comfortable chatting online with me because, altho' I can relate to their loss, they cannot relate to the way Arianna died.  I don't plan on using this as a substitute for that site, because let's face it that would drag everyone down.  I just finally feel comfortable somewhere.  Between the two places I think I can finally begin working through all of the guilt and the what if's.  I don't know if anyone else has posted here that has lost someone to MM, but I was thinking of starting a site myself.  Dedicated to those who have lost loved ones to MM.  As I said, to constantly be talking about death is a bummer, but sometimes it is all I can talk about.  Hearing all of the stories here is sometimes very hard, but very healing also.  Peace to all.
Tammy

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2004 at 5:11pm

DJ wrote on May 4th, 2004 at 3:47am:
No special thanks to me... I don't make this place what it is, just where it is.

I'm sorry Deej... I disagree. A big special thanks to you! A thanks, I myself can't put it into words. I know you have saved lives with this website. Only through your extraordinary compassion and dedicated hard work, did we discover for ourselves firsthand, the gift of life through your artwork of humanity. I feel that you, DJ are an artist. Although your tools are not that of a paintbrush or hammer, rather your “art” is that of being alive and your tool is life itself. With your contribution DJ, you've brought hope and richness to so many lives. Exploring not only the difficult and the extreme, but also the natural beauty of sharing oneself with others. You know our family will love you always, you saved Mandy's life with this website. Yes, the others are making this the place you've dreamt it would be for help and support, but Deej, I have to give you special thanks, cuz you made it what it is and the heart and spirit that's in it.

We love ya Deej...

Mar & family

IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2004 at 11:16pm

Mar-----I can only say one word----you expressed it so beautifully about the extraordinary person that is DJ

so, that word is "DITTO" ....... Kiss Kiss Kiss

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2004 at 5:22am

DJ,

I agree

Ditto

Ditto
Ditto

Janice - Michigan

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2004 at 9:56am

I have to agree also, because it is scary to think of where Tyler would be now, had I not found this site.  Smiley Smiley

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge