Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sandy (Read 2290 times)
ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Sandy
May 4th, 2004 at 11:41pm

I am so very sorry for all you had to go through.  You will be more fuel to my fire.  I often wonder if this is a rare disease because it is or because it is not being diagnosed.  I wonder just how many people have this, how many children have died and they have lumped it under some other catagory.  Food for thought.
Take care, a bless you.
Tammy

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

sandy
New Poster

three of my children have
mm

asheboro, USA, usa, 469, 186, NC, North_Carolina
Re: Sandy
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004 at 8:11am

Tammy  i am really sorry that you have lost your child because of this but i am still fortunate that savannah is still here with me but i also feel the same way you do every time i am in the dr. offuce and hear amom complain of something the dr. cant explain it gives me chills i to want so bad for this disease to be recognized. i am glad you found this web site i know when i found it a couple of weeks ago i was floored cause i have not heard of anyone else having mm. this web site has made a huge difference in my life i feel whole again. i really hope you are sucessful in your making people aware i am behind you one hundred percent if there is anything i can do just let me know i will be there with you. GOD BLESS YOU .and remember my thought i keep close to my heart always,GOD WILL NEVER GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN BARE he knows all we can stand and he want let it go no futher, it may seem like we cant bare this  but Gods word is ALWAYS true. {{hugs}}

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Sandy
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2004 at 10:20am

Sandy, That has been what has gotten me through all our ups and downs."od will not give us more than we can bare" It got me through Kahtleen's diagnosis of Down Syndrome,I have to tell you though I did question it just for a moment,thinking wow could god have made a mistake here,I cna't raise a child with a dissability.Well he didn't make a mistake she is the most inspirational person in my life.She has made me who I am.then of course it was tested again when we got the diagnosis of MM.I too wonder just how rare it really is and how many adults anad children have never been diagnosed.I guess it's kind of up to us to educate people.I ahve talked to many people in my Down Syndrome support group and not to make them afraid but educate them to the fact that if they see regression in strength or capabilties of theri child don't just chalk it up to the Down syndrome.It can very easily be seen as just a regression in muscle tone.From what I have read children with Down Syndroem have a higher rate of having MM. Many of these childen aren't verbal enough when they are young to talk about things like "numbness" headache or even feeling weak. One day at preschool the teacher said Kathleen  was very tired,she had layed her head down on the carpet durring circle time and didn't come back up she was "asleep".I think now it was a stroke.she had been sick but never was that tired before. I feel the pain you both must have after being treated like you have by Dr.'s .this should never happen to a parent and child.These Dr.'s are working for us!!! They are being paid to do a job and that is to take every complaint seriousely and work with it until they find the reason.Not to JUDGE us as parents. Tammy and SAndy you are both amazingly strong women and I feeel privledged to know you.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge