Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
writing an article...need help (Read 3741 times)
ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
writing an article...need help
May 5th, 2004 at 9:10am

I have been approached by several different organizations to write an article pertaining to MM.  I know one publication will reach nearly 2,800 physicians.  It has to be from 600 to 800 words long.  I would like to know what people from here would like me to include in these articles.  What facts do you feel are important?  What neurosurgeon have you been seen by?  I have Dr. Scott  covered.  That man is such a credit to the medical world.  I wish more doctors were like him.
I will be sure to credit anyone from this site who volunteers information for this.  I will not recieve any money from these articles. So this is strictly a volunteer info only.  For legal purposes, I have to stick to facts only.  The only personal story I can include is my own.  If anyone else wishes to submit their story, I can tell you who to contact.  Anything you can share would be very helpful.  Just when you think you know all about MM, you don't. 
Thanks,
Tammy

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Re: writing an article...need help
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004 at 12:27pm

Tammy---I am with you on this one, honey.  If it weren' for Dr. Sacco, the neurologist, who properly diagnosed me with mm, and Dr. Connolly, the amazing neurosurgeon who is still in the process of saving my life (2nd EDAS surgery on June 4th), I know that I would not be alive today.....due to the misdiagnosis, if more strokes didn't kill me, the psychosis created by the steroids would have made me kill myself.  I was absolutely unable to bear the thought that I had murdered by 3 beautiful girls and I wanted to die myself......and my pastor can verify this.......Iwill tell anyone my story who wants to hear it.....and, it is all documented by my medical records.....I can no longer obtain life insurance......and, if my husband didn't have medical insurance through his job with the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office, I would have no health insurance coverage......it is a disgrace that there is no system of national health care in this country..the wealthiest country in the civilized world.......So, just let me know who to talk to and when......I look forward to the opportunity to educate the world.......I am totally convinced that there is more mm out there than we are aware of at this time.  HOw many more children have to die before neurologists who don't know about moyamoya will educate themselves?  Be well.  Pat

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2004 at 12:32pm

Tammy,
              One thing is maybe to mention that some people are misdiagnosed with seizures that are not seizures as well as misdiagnosed with MS, just to keep people aware  that it can be MM. Trust me when I tell you the thinking about death is normal and in time you will not keep thinking like that, time helps so much in the healing process but I know the torture you indure waiting for time to go by. My little angel is probably hanging out with Arianna right now hoping you'll feel better soon. Hang in there I know it stinks to word it nicely!
                      Nancy  Smiley

IP Logged

sandy
New Poster

three of my children have
mm

asheboro, USA, usa, 469, 186, NC, North_Carolina
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2004 at 12:56pm

Tammy i am behind you all the way if you would like to use my story please feel free to contact me{ i still have some copies of medical records sayng i was an incompitant parent} i still look at them  sometimes and remember the time we went through trying to find out what was wrong. i dont know if it is of any importance but when we seen dr. scott he told me i was the first family to come to his office with more than one child to have mmso they are doing a series of test to see if it is genetic cause they didnt think it was till i come along.hope i can be of help god bless.

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Reply #4 - May 6th, 2004 at 1:34am

Tammy,

Dr. Steinberg should be mentioned...He is awesome.  if you like, i will share some information that i have written for friends and family on MM...and would be happy to email you a copy.  We are also trying to get a story written in our local newspaper about MM...and i have volunteered my daughters case to share if they are interested, hopefully we will hear back from them soon.  but i have passed a flyer out to everyone i know and told them to share it with others.  anything i can do to help just let me know.

Hillary

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - May 6th, 2004 at 9:24am

I would like very much to "overwhelm" (for lack of a better word) the people asking about MM so they get a good idea that it is not so rare (look at all of us on this board) and more research needs to be done about the causes of MM.  I would like information as well on who to contact.  I think the more people who know about MM the better!  Thanks!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge