Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Case Update (Read 2109 times)
ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Case Update
May 15th, 2004 at 1:17pm

I have just heard from Dr. Scott.  There was some question as to whether the pneumonia found in her lungs could have started the chain reaction that led to her death.  It did not.  I forwarded this to my attorney and that is one more major obstactle (sp) out of the way.  The prelim shows that  the massive stroke she suffered happened in almost the exact same location as the moderate stroke suffered in November '03.  We now have to find if the chance of survival with quality of life was impacted by the stroke in November.  I guess now it in the hands of the experts.  The attorney is very optimistic.  I am relieved too.  If it had been pneumonia that was missed, I would never have forgiven myself.  The pneumonia was brought on by the ventilation period and the fragile nature of her body at the time.  It seems to have appeared within 24 hrs of us taking her off life support.  I know this may be hard to understand, but it is a lot of my mind.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Case Update
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2004 at 1:39pm

I am so glad that you are finding some answers.Thank you for the update.I think about you and your angel often.You are such an inspiration,I applaude you for all  that you are doing to get to the bottom of your angels case.This may save another parent from the same grief. You are very strong and compasionate.Thank you for sharing with us.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Re: Case Update
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2004 at 4:37pm

My friend E. Drew Britcher, Esq. who is a superb medical malpracrtice attorney may be  able to help your attorney.  Drew, like me, in admitted in NY and NJ.  But, there is a process where, on a case by case basis, an attorney can be admitted pro hac vice and can be co-counsel with your local attorney.  Drew has the very best medical researcher on his staff and he usually charges a fee of $500-750 for the medical research which he sells to other law firms all over the country.  Every single article ever written about moyamoya would be condensed onto one CD.  And, Drew will not charge for it.

He was so happy to see me at the dinner last Friday, May 7th, that he was practically crying....and, believe or not, he has HEARD OF MOYAMOYA........He has agreed to seerve on the Board of Directors of "The Moyamoya Foundation" and to help in anyway he can.  He is a brilliant medical malpractice trial lawyer.........He is simply a brilliant person.....I have known him for more than 22 years....we went to law school together, and when I say that I am privileged to know Drew and have him as my friend, that is an understatement.....

I do not have Drew's number handy, but his firm is "Britcher Leone & Roth, LLC", 175 Rock Road, Glen Rock, New Jersey....call him, he will never let you down.....Love, PatM

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge