Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my decision (Read 6963 times)
sandy
New Poster

three of my children have
mm

asheboro, USA, usa, 469, 186, NC, North_Carolina
my decision
May 20th, 2004 at 3:40pm

hi.
      just wanted every one to know that i have decided to leave things the way they are i think savannah has to much brain damage to go throw any more procedures i feel very lucky to just have her alive ,maybe i am wrong but i dont know i feel like i am very tired and i just couldnt imagine opening up a can of worms i hope that you will truely understand my decision if you could meet savannah you would understand even though she is severly handicap she is very happy i dont want to take any chances cause i am really scared of what i was about to get into i am sorry i hope noone is upset with me

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: my decision
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2004 at 3:52pm

OMG Sandy, eveyone will understand. No one knows your baby girl like you do. Even Dr. Scott agrees with you and he's one of the best doctors for children there is. So, no one will judge you sweetpea! Just know that y'all are family and in our prayers always and we're here for ya girl. Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

Annica
Experienced Poster

My daughter lives with
mm

Stockholm, Sweden, europe, 317, 154
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2004 at 3:58pm

Sandy!

Of course we understand and respect your decision 100%! What kind of friends would we be otherwise? You looked for  information and found out the alternatives/options and made your decision as a loving mother and no one in this world could ever do it better than you!!!!
I hope you truly feel that we are with you all the way.

Love,

Annica

IP Logged

susie-q
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

lakewood, USA, usa, 424, 119, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2004 at 4:14pm

Cryyou're making one of the hardest decisions of your life... no one who's been through this will find you at fault... may God bless you and keep  your hopes up. Smiley Sue

sue quintana

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #4 - May 20th, 2004 at 6:01pm

You will never be judged for your choices here. We all know how hard of a decision this has been for you. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2004 at 7:30pm

Sandy - Of course we support your decision!  Who are we to judge?  You make the decisions that are right for you.  We are happy that we were here for you to talk to and get information about making the right decision.  I wish Savannah only continued happiness!!  Smiley

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Fran
New Poster

Mandy, My loving niece
 lives with MM

Phila,   PA
Reply #6 - May 20th, 2004 at 8:48pm

You are doing the right thing Sandy. You know your Savannah.  Just know we are here for you and your family. You will all be in my prayers.

Take care and God bless.

~Fran Smiley

"What we have done for ourselves alone, dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal" ~Albert Pike

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Reply #7 - May 21st, 2004 at 1:01am

All I have to say is go with your gut.  I almost called at least ten times to cancell Arianna's surgery.  I have learned that would not have changed the outcome, but I would have had a little more time with her.  We all do what is right for us and we will always be here for you.  Peace and strength to you.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #8 - May 21st, 2004 at 7:57am

Sandy----you have all of our support and prayers, of course, and we are behind your decision 150%!!!!
Please send me another e-mail---somehow it's just not coming through about "your daughter's story" and I will work on it within the next week before my next EDAS surgery, ok????Love and best wishes to you....YOUR NEED IS OUR CONCERN........pAT

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #9 - May 21st, 2004 at 12:40pm

Sandy,
         Only you knew the right decision to make and you made it. How could we not support your decision, enjoy this time with your little girl and cherish every moment as I'm sure you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                   Nancy Smiley

IP Logged

donna
New Poster

jareds mom

brooklyn, USA, usa, 492, 144, NY, New_York
Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2004 at 11:12pm

sandy
          you have been forced to make decisions that no parent should ever have to make you have done what you believe to be the best chose for your child that you love with all your heart no one would ever judge you for that my son jared has down syndrome and mm i to have to make all the decisions for him and i know what you go through it is so scary to alway try to do the right thing for him we just have to trust ourshelves and trust in god my prayers are with you and all your beutiful children i have 4 daughters besides jared and am having them all checked for this disease 2 daughters have had fainting episodes in the past and one has frequent headaches i am just praying that they to are not mm sufferers god bless donna

IP Logged

PatM
Experienced Poster

Woodcliff Lake, USA, usa, 498, 109, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2004 at 11:49pm

Donna----just saw your post about the girls' fainting episodes and headaches....I was not aware of this.... Do you think you should get in touch with Dr. Sacco or Dr. Chong about this.......212-305-1710......just a suggestion...Dr. Chong has been promoted to Asst. Professor of Neurology at Columbia Univ. College of Physicians and Surgeons.....let me know...hope you are all well........SAndy, you are still in our thoughts and prayers......Pat

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."...Jackie Robinson&&Worry looks around....Faith looks up......
psmartinlaw  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2004 at 9:47am

Sandy,
             I don't mean to scare you but thats how Mandy started out she called from work one day out of no where because she passed out and smashed her head on the floor. It continued to happened, then she started to have what they thought were seizures a year before she was diagnosed, had she been diagnosed properly at that time she may not have had all those stroke.
My son is 11 and has been having alot of headaches but he's connecting them to heat, I sure hope so I will be keeping a close watch however.
                            Nancy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge