Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Daniel L. Barrow - Atlanta, GA (Read 7727 times)
sc_girl
New Poster

THRIVING not just surviving
since July 2003!

Greenville, USA, usa, 443, 204, SC, South_Carolina
Dr. Daniel L. Barrow - Atlanta, GA
Jun 2nd, 2004 at 12:11pm

Hi!
I'm SCgirl.  I just had Dr. Barrow do my (1st of 2) left side STA/MCA bypass operation (May 18th) at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA.  He did an absolutely wonderful job!  It's been just barely over 2weeks, and I've already had my staples out (yesterday).  I plan to start working again on Monday.  WOW! He's amazing! Smiley He's good looking on top of it all too!

If you go to http://neurosurgery.emory.edu/Faculty%20Barrow.htm
you will find information about him.

He or his assistant, Susana Libhaber, MSN, NP-C may also be reached at
(404)778-5770

She's really great too!  (and she's cute too, imagine that!)

In fact, EVERYONE I've ever dealt with at Emory has had their act together and are always ready for me when I get there. 
And being from SC, I've got a pretty long drive! Smiley

If anyone would like to email me about exactly (personally or professionally) what I thought about Dr. Barrow, I can be reached at MacGirl313@aol.com

----------------------------------------

Aug, 3, 2004

Hi again!  It's SCgirl.  I've now had my 2nd (right side) surgery at Emory, and Dr. Barrow did an amazing job once again! Smiley   I had the surgery on July 6th and was back to work on July 27th.  I have SO SO much more energy now than before the surgeries that it's amazing even to me! Smiley

Once again, for anyone in the South, I highly recommend him.  He has so much experience doing this sort of surgery and has helped many MM patients.  If anyone ever chooses to try him, please email me about your experience.  I'd love to hear another opinion.

Best wishes Wink
SCgirl

------------------------------------------

March 7, 2005

Wow!  It's been a long road over this past year Tongue   I just went on Feb. 11 for my 6 mo. follow-up angio.  I'm happy to report that since my surgeries, the results showed that thanks to Dr. Barrow's expertise, I have excellent blood flow on both sides of my brain now! The operations were bona fide successes! ;Grin   Barring any further complications, I may never have to go back to  Emory Univ. Hosp. again.  I'll miss the food but not the post surgery headaches! 

Recently I helped both Julie from Atlanta, GA and Tamara (applejac) from York, SC set up appointments with Dr. Barrow.  Unfortunately, I've not yet had a reply to this post as to any other opinions of him.  If you've used him as your neurosurgeon, I'd love to hear about your experience.

I'm glad I've made it to the happy ending of my MM road - what an amazing life experience it's been!

Hang in there & best wishes
Smiley   SCgirl (Kris)
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2005 at 12:56pm by sc_girl »  

IP Logged

litllejedi
New Poster

Wrightsville, USA, GA, Georgia
Re: Dr. Daniel L. Barrow - Atlanta, GA
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 12:19pm

I was in the hands of DR Barrow for my right side sta-mca bypass early Feb of 07. I had alot of reservations about such an operation but after speaking with Dr Barrow he was able to instill alot of confidence in his ability. The procedure was smooth and successful and his obvious experience made the whole ordeal quiet easy for such a complex thing. I'm due back at Emory for staple removal very soon now and I'm very excited to reach that hurdle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge