Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just wondering (Read 1599 times)
Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Just wondering
Jul 10th, 2004 at 5:53pm

Hey all did I ever tell you that when Tyler was diagnosed I was given an assignment to learn about anything I wanted to learn about and present it to the class.
I chose to teach the class about MM, of course. However when my day came to present, I didn't have prior notice and had loaned my info to Tylers OT.
I didn't want to wait, so I told the instructor I could present, if I could draw some diagrams on the board first. I then went to the board while someone else was finishing up their presentation and drew an arteriogram before and after surgery. I then drew a diagram of both surgeries (direct and indirect). You should have seen the confused looks when I finished. I then explained the diagrams and shared what I had learned with everyone.
The questions they had helped me to get stuff straight in my head. It was weird how I knew so much, yet voicing it to my class seemed to make me realize I truely did have a handle on what I was doing.
I had known knowledge was power, but had always been afraid to second guess a doctor, and here I was telling a neurosurgeon they weren't good enough to deal with my son's medical needs. Giving the presentation to my class made me feel better about my decision to seek the best care I could get for Tyler and accept financial help to do so.

I wasn't sure where was best to post this so figured here would be ok. Sometimes you don't realize how much you learn about something till you teach someone else your info.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge