Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got a hog? (Read 10201 times)
LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Got a hog?
Jul 28th, 2004 at 12:40am

Hi all,

I know this is a long shot, but is anybody going to be at Sturgis this year?  Aug. 9-15.   If you are, or live nearby, I would love to meet up with you!

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: Got a hog?
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 5:11am

Hi Lisa,

We will be there -- we are staying about 80 miles away.  My sister Patty has mm and she will not be there.  But my other sister Jane and I will be there.

Janice

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 9:53am

Hey Lisa... You have a motorcycle????? Are you vacationing there or something? I'm going to fall out of my chair girl if you got a hog!!! ...lol

Mar

IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 11:41am

Smiley I feel so stupid!  When I first read that post this morning, I didn't know it meant a motorcycle-I was thinking the animal! Roll EyesWhere is Sturgis? just courious-Tricia

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 1:15pm

Hi Tricia,

I personally have never been there, but I've always heard so much about it. It's a city in South Dakota I believe. It's famous for the annual motorcycle rally. It's like the "biker" capital of the world. Every year they have this huge motorcycle rally and music festival. I heard it's wild, but a beautiful place. It's also famous because of the indians and this mountain...I can't remeber the whole story. I think I'm having a senior moment...lol.. Anyway, I'm dying to hear from Lisa to see if she's riding cross country on her hog....lmao

Mar

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:35am

Lisa, you on a Hog?  Is there a wild woman in that tiny body of yours we don't know about? Smiley

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 1:52am

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking Tammy...lol

IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Reply #7 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 1:59am

Yes Tammy, I admit, I have a bit of a wild side buried way under the manicured nails and occassional ball gown!   Smiley LOL   BUT, I am far from being a "biker chick" that's for sure!  I just play one every now and again. Wink

I do not own a Harley (and you MUST have a Harley, no sissy bikes ya know!) only because - DO NOT LAUGH (especially you DJ!)- my feet can't touch the ground when I'm on one.  But, I am going with some friends of mine and I will be going on a 920 mile roadtrip on the back of one.  This isn't the first time for that but it is the first time that I will ever have gone camping in my life!  I'm a little skeptical about that one!  I like marble bathrooms not a hole in the ground!  Funny me likes feather beds not feathered friends pooping on my tent! Tongue  We'll see how long I last at that!  Especially since we are staying at a campsite called "Buffalo Chip".  Yup, like I said, we'll see! 

Tricia, don't feel stupid!  ;Grin Common mistake but I guess that means your not going???   Wink

Janice- are you actually going to the rally itself?  That would be cool!  Where are you guys staying and what days will you be there?  I only ask because I may want to move in with you after looking at the campground!  Just kidding!

Hey Mar- wanna come with?!?!  I'm sure I could get someone to pick you up!
Smiley

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Reply #8 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 2:06am

Forgot to add that at the campground they have a contest that I'm planning on entering.  It's the "World Pickle Lickin' Federation's Championship Pickle Lickin' Contest".  I kid you not!!! Smiley  I'm good at lickin' pickles!   Smiley LMAO!

Lisa

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 5:08am

Hi Lisa

I will check with sis Jane and find out exactly where we will be staying, etc.  She is the organizer --I am around for the ride, literally.

hog is short for Harley Owners Group.

See you soon

Janice

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 8:59am

Thanks for clearing that up for me Lisa, because your first post left a lot to my imagination girl. You wouldn’t believe the visions I had of you riding a hog across country…lol.. and BTW, I knew your feet couldn’t reach the ground. LMAO!! I still can’t believe you’re going to ride on the back of one that many miles. Damn girl, you better have good kidneys and lots of dental floss to get the bugs outta your teeth…lol.. and camping…don’t get me started, I get to giggling just thinking about it, cuz I can just hear ya now…LMAO!!! I have to agree though, that we both have this tiny bit of a wild side buried DEEP inside, but I still couldn’t do it girl, no way!! You have more brass than I do. I’m proud of you though, you go girl! Hope you have a blast. Good luck in the “pickle licking contest” ..lol You do know I could say a lot right now, but I’m being good…lol

Oh…one more thing. Some friends told me that Sturgis has this “Brick Project” paving the main streets and sidewalks with names or memorials. You should purchase one Lisa, marking your journey there. Your brick could say: “Lisa H motorcycle momma was here 2004”  LOL

Hope you get to hook up with Janice…she’s a sweetheart and she has a beautiful family. That would be my favorite part.

Have fun you!! Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #11 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 10:40am

Lisa,
I hope to go someday, but I don't see it in the near future. Actually I would love to get a Harley Trike, it'd be the only way I could have my own Harley. However, I don't see that in my near future either   Smiley.

Oh well, have lots of fun for me too! Smiley

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #12 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 11:34am

Lisa, No I won't be going to Sturgis.  Never rode on a motorcycle, and never will-too dangerous for me.  Got enough wrong with my brain now! Tongue  Ya'll have fun though, and be careful!!  Oh, and I totally understand about your feet not touching.  I'm pretty short as well.  Take care,  Tricia Smiley

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #13 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 3:17pm

Lisa,
              Like Mar...Oh so much I would love to say! Watch out for the Buffalo chips they can get messy. Have fun licking your pickle or pickles depends how good you are at it. Hope you win, everyone needs a little pickle licking (contest) every now and then. By the way I would so do that in a minute I'm dying for a Harley Mark says no way not that I would like driving one myself I never have but I'd like to try. Have a great time it sounds like a blast. Be Careful!
                                            Nancy

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Reply #14 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 4:03pm

LMAO Smiley  Pickle lickin'?!?  That is killing me.  Good luck and don't hurt yourself.
BTW, I can only touch the ground with my tiptoes.  Fat legs and all. 
Be careful and have lots of fun.  I love camping, but I don't like critters or bird poop either.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge