Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just bragging (Read 3863 times)
Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Just bragging
Aug 31st, 2004 at 1:33am

I'm taking a painting class in college, and today I was the only one that mixed a perfect black  ;Grin. I'm just so happy I wanted to brag a bit, this is my first art class since High School and I didn't even know how to mix a black till today...lol

Also, wanted to say Tyler is loving Jr. High. He was so scared at orientation, but has loved it since the first day of school last friday. I can't believe how far he has come.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Leiden, Netherlands, europe, 222, 235
Re: Just bragging
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 7:24am

could you tell me, I also never mixed a perfect black  Cheesy

I 'm happy your son is enjoying school.

http://www.facebook.com/lilian.justlilian 129102580  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 10:06am

I sent you an email Lilian.

Tyler is scared to ask someone to help him with his shoes after gym, anyone have any ideas? I bought him tye shoes because he is learning to tye them again, he knows how to do it, but is still working on the strength in his left hand to be able to pull it tight enough.

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 11:48pm

Hey Rena. I know that has to be tough for a boy in jr high to ask for help. Maybe he could ask his teacher. Has he told anyone about his mm? Has he made any close friends since school started? If so, mabey he could ask them. I'm sure he won't even need help for much longer. He will have his strength back in no time!!         Nikki

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 12:33am

Nikki,
We lucked out, the teacher handed out locks for their lockers. Tyler told her he couldn't do the lock, so they found someone to help him and the boy said he would help with the shoes too  ;Grin.
Tyler had his stroke when he was in 4th grade, he lost all use of his left hand, so his classmate had to help with is lunch tray and such. He has regained 18 lbs per something, in his left hand, and his right hand has always been 25 lbs per whatever.....lol so he is getting alot back.
Most of the kids know what happened to Tyler, he gets some teasing, but not too much. Tyler likes his hair very short, so everyone can see his scars too, seems to help some of them to understand that it wasn't his choice to have this problem.
Rena

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2004 at 10:39am

Rena, I'm so glad it got worked out for him without him having to ask someone. I'm so sorry he gets teased even a little, kids can be so cruel sometimes(I only graduated high school five years ago and I remember very well how bad some of the kids treated others just out of ignorance) Iam glad though that most of them understand. Whenever he gets reased, he sould just keep his head up knowing that he is alredy alot more grown up than those teaseing him because of what he has been through.  Smiley                         Nikki

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge