Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Las Vegas MM Summer Get-Together (Read 88207 times)
Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Re: Las Vegas MM Summer Get-Together
Reply #100 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 10:46am

Great idea, Mar!  And I know the perfect place.  I've just got to figure out where it is.  LMAO!  How's that for conciseness?!?!  I will find out from my friend because he will know where it is.  I think it's either the Mirage or somewhere like that.  There's a beautiful backdrop of water.....either waterfalls or geyser like water somewhere.  Oh brother....maybe I better find out where it is.  I'll get back to everyone.  I think Saturday will probably be the optimal time to do it in the afternoon.

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #101 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 11:14am

Mar, Michelle,

I am bringing my camera with different attachments which has the ability to take wide angle and close and long shots.  I will be more than happy to take the group picture for you.  Also, I would like to get a group picture of the MM children and also individual pictures of the families.   If that is okay with the others.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #102 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 11:33am

Is anyone coming to the Get-Together that lives in Las Vegas?  I wasn't sure if the member map was updated or not which shows that there is no one in the Vegas area.  But if there is someone that lives in Vegas or close by it would be great if I could use that person for a local angle to the press release that I am preparing.  Let me know either here or PM if you live in Vegas or close by.

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

ak
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

beaumont, USA, usa, 312, 273, TX, Texas
Reply #103 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 12:13pm

My mother (Brenda) has MM.  My dad is Bobby (bhb).
We are looking forward to going to Las Vegas. My mom has  had many strokes and has had a rough  couple of years.  She is disabled now and needs someone with her 24hrs/day. But so much better than she was. It has been a long haul. But our family has hung in there. Im sure everyone else with MM has had  tough time, too. I think it makes the person and their families stronger and closer. I know it has mine. I have to say that my mom and  dad are amazing. My mom is one touch lady. My dad takes care of my mom most of the time. And he is wonderful to her. He is the best dad and best husband in the world. 
Is there anyone from the southeast texas area going to Las Vegas? We are from Port Neches, Texas close to Beaumont, Texas.
ak
But, I just have to say

IP Logged

MichelleB
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Redlands, USA, usa, 51, 202, CA, California
Reply #104 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 2:02pm

Just confirming that we will be there in Vegas also.  We arrive on Thurs. and leave on Sat.  It will be myself and my husband Eddie(moyamoya guy) coming.  I can't wait to meet everyone.  I've talked to a few of you on the phone so it will be great to meet you.  We are staying at the Flamingo.  Michelle B

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Updated Attendees
Reply #105 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 2:50pm

Just wanted to give an update to everyone of those that I have confirmed going to Vegas so far.  They are:
  • Michelle (Seachelles)
  • Shari (STrantas)
  • DJ + 2 (Mom & Guest)
  • Rena
  • Mar + Guest
  • Paula (Jenanshanesmom) + Family (3)
  • Jaredsis2 + Family (2)
  • Hillary
  • Cotadad + Family (3)
  • Jack & Linda
  • Christy (Babyblue) + Mom
  • Carol (Carasmom) + Cara
  • Jill (Gotchlorine) + Family (Campbell, Tara, & Campbell's Family)
  • Elaine Calvert + 3 (daughter & 2 grandchildren)
  • Melina (maka4868 + sister)
  • Kathy (Katden) + 2 (Husband, Dennis & Son, Brian)
  • Kevin (Cubbie) + LDG1040 (Lore - his sister)
  • Irene (Itsme) + Husband
  • Jim + 3 (Christy, Daughter & Son-in-law)
  • Bobby (bhb) + 2 (Brenda- MM + Daughter)
  • Michelle B + 1 (Husband, Eddie)
Remember.....if you end up making your reservations, please let me know by either PM or on this forum that you will be coming and how many will be coming with you.

Thanks,
Michelle
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2005 at 2:51pm by Seachelles »  

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #106 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 3:07pm

;Grin ;Grin Wow....what a group that'll be in Vegas... ;Grin ;Grin

I realize there is so many of us...sure will be nice annual thing...even if theres one on the east and another on the west...and maybe eventually we'll find a spot in the middle of the country for all of us to meet.

It is true we all have our lives that have its own "ups and downs"...unexpectations happen.  Cara and I do look forward to be with others who have had the rarest thing happen to them ...having being touched by "MM".

...and having a very special person...with the biggest, most caring heart and devoting so much of his time making a special place available for all of us from all walks of the country...meet online.  The words "thank you" still isn't enough to express how much this website has meant to us !!!  It is simply awesome. 

;Grin ;Grin
Thank you, DJ 
;Grin ;Grin.

CarasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #107 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 3:22pm

Cara,

I think this will become an annual thing now.  I intend to at least plan one every year from now on with some help of course.  Shari has done such a tremendous job in helping me with this with her ideas and other help.  As have most everyone that is going with offering help and so forth!  Let's not forget Jill who has been tons of help as well.....and then there's DJ who without him we would not be here today.  

I think that it doesn't matter where it is held as long as people show up and can get together to start making awareness wherever we are.  I'll even start taking suggestions now for the next one.  That way there is plenty of time to plan and make it even more special next time.  I've been given some ideas about planning for next time and think that while we are out there, we can try to come up with ideas on how we can plan it around a doctor's conference on neurology....don't you think?  I've been looking into that very thing.  Or something dealing with brain diseases.  Also, I think it would be good to have it where someone (within our group) lives in that area....gives a local story angle to a BIG story on moyamoya.  

Anyway.......just some food for thought....   Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2005 at 3:24pm by Seachelles »  

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #108 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 8:57am

Michelle -

Thanks for the props, but I think that you deserve the most thanks!   Smiley Wink Cheesy ;Grin  I did nothing more than give ideas!!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #109 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 1:39pm

Michelle,

I really wish I could've made this year's get-together in Vegas; however, due to some challenges I'm facing with my recovery, it is impossible.  Undecided  Nonetheless, your, Shari, Jill, DJ and everyone else's efforts in planning this event is very much appreciated, and I'm sure many like me are looking forward to joining all of you at next year's event!   ;Grin

The idea to have it the same time/near a neurology conference is a superb idea!  Smiley  I got so excited that I started to look online for any information....  I'm not sure if you already found these, but here is what I've found so far...

The American Academy for Neurologists are planning to hold their 58th annual meeting in San Diego, CA, April 1-8, 2006. http://am.aan.com/presenter/portal/  or http://am.aan.com/.  

The American Association of Neurological Surgeons is holding their annual meeting next year in San Francisco, California on April 22-27, 2006.
http://www.aans.org/library/search.aspx?SearchTerm=2006+AANS+Annual+Meeting

http://www.aans.org/annual/2006/AN06ExhibitorPros.pdf

It also looks like their AANS/CNS (Cerebrovascular Section) is planning to hold its 2006 Joint Annual Meeting of the AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section and
The American Society of Interventional &
Therapeutic Neuroradiology
on February 17 - 20, 2006, Caribe Royale All Suites Resort & Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.  

http://www.neurosurgery.org/sections/Section.aspx?Section=CV&Page=meetings/2006.asp
"The purpose of the AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section is to advance education, research and patient care in the area of cerebrovascular disease. Through our activities and educational programs, we strive to promote awareness among all neurosurgeons of opportunities for clinical practice and research in the area of cerebrovascular surgery."  Wow..maybe we can somehow get one of our cases in their newsletters...

The Congress of Neurological Surgeons will hold their 55th CNS Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts on October 8-13, 2005 at the Hynes Convention Center.

And...last but not least, the World Federation of Neurological Society will be holding their annual conference next year in  Mumbai, India on January 26-29!  Wink http://www.wfns.org/what.php

I'm sure there are many more out there...and starting to plan now for next year will definitely be an advantage; however,  I know you're focusing on this year's event which I know will be a blast! ;Grin  Please let me know if I can be of any help to you for planning next years...I'm here for ya'  Wink

Thanks again for everything!

Take care,
Shan

p.s.  Please let me know if this sort of post should be PM'd to you instead of posting it here...I know it's kind of long....
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2005 at 2:18pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #110 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 9:03pm

I need email addresses from the following people that are going to Las Vegas.  They are: 
  • Mar
  • Itsme
  • and Jenanshanesmom
  I need them in order to send out the itineraries in the next few days. 

Thanks so much! 

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

pattil647
Junior Poster

Mom of Moyamoya Survivor

Langhorne, USA, usa, 484, 119, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #111 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 11:01am

Is it too late for me to try to attend with my family?  If not, I'm looking for help with hotel/airline info.  I live on the East coast.  Where are the families with children staying?  I would be bringing my 11-year old with MoyaMoya and my 5-year old.  Thanks....

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #112 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 11:11am

It's not too late at all.  I'd be glad to help you.  I sent you a PM.  Also, if you want to email me directly, just email me at Chelles4U@aol.com.

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #113 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 7:38pm

I am heart broken. I had been looking forward to finally meet some of the wonderful people on here, but am now unable to attend.

Maybe next year?

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Reply #114 - Aug 2nd, 2005 at 11:34pm

ohh Rena,

I'm sorry that you can't go.  I was looking forward to meeting you.  I have enjoyed talking to you in the past.  Hopefully we will meet soon.

Hillary

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #115 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 3:28am

Hi Guys...to all thats going to vegas...since Cara and I are driving up...thought we'd bring whole bunch liters of sodas, bottled teas, juices or punch....I was at the store today trying to figure among all the choices.  It would be easier if I had an idea what your favorites are.   Im a diet coke fan, love the diet lipton tea, too.  Will bring several flats of water bottles, too. 

Dr.Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi (any flavor), Cokes (any flavor) , Lemonades, .....etc.   I can bring little bit of each but would prefer to bring more of something if whole bunch of you drink the same thing.    No big deal...just wanted to stock up the suite accurately in the "soda" department.

Looking forward to meeting you all !!!! 

Carol  (CarasMOM)
feel free to PM me or to my email  ck.mcwilliams@cox.net

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #116 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 11:09am

Ummmmm . . . diet pepsi's my favorite!  Great idea to throw it in the car, Carol - thanks!.  I'd be happy to make a donation to help the cause.

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #117 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 12:41pm

Hi Carol,

How thoughtful of you.  Since it is around 104-107 plus degrees in Vegas, bottled water sounds like a great idea.  I heard a bottle of water sold on the streets of Vegas cost $3.00.  Wow, I'm in the wrong business!
I too am a diet coke person.  Kevin drinks water or sometimes 7up or something without caffeine. I too will be more than happy to assist with the cost.

Again, thanks for your thoughtfullness. Can't wait to meet you and Cara.

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #118 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 1:06pm

Smiley LOL... just kidding. I too want to thank you and let you know I'll chip in also.

Mar

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #119 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 2:00pm

Cara,

I too am with Mar....I'll take beer.  LOL!  No really, I am a diet caffeine free Pepsi person, but will drink anything that is caffeine free.  When will you be getting to Vegas?  Shari and I will be going to the store on Thursday (I think we'll go to Costco) and getting bottled water, more sodas, and munchies.  Also, I will be willing to contribute some money for your efforts.  Smiley

Michelle

« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2005 at 8:04pm by Seachelles »  

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #120 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 2:20pm

Michelle.

Cara and I will leave Phx - Thursday morning...about a five to six hour drive up to Vegas.  I will input your phone number on my cell and text you when we get there. 

I'll give you a list of what I got on Monday or Tuesday before you leave.   I'll probably bring three or four coolers.

For those who drink beer, wine or mixed drinks...we can pick up your favorites in Vegas.   I have three teenage boys....I've been keeping our house without any alcohol other than knowing what we have on hand.   So will refrain from getting anything with liquer in it until in Vegas.  ;Grin ;Grin ;Grin...don't worry Mar...you'll enjoy your favorite brew, too.

;Grin Carol

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #121 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 6:37pm

Carol -

You are awesome!  Thanks so much for doing this....I'm a fan of water, iced tea and Diet Coke.  Of course, I'll also contribute to your expenses!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

katden
Junior Poster

My son, Brian is a MM
survivor!!!!!

Phoenix, USA, usa, 123, 219, AZ, Arizona
Reply #122 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 11:10pm

Hi Carol:

Brian, Dennis and I are driving up early Friday morning.
Can we help in any way? We are so darn excited! We have to fly Brian home Saturday night as he has to work on Sunday. I hope everyone is prepared to deal with my emotional state  Roll Eyes We social workers can ber so darn weepy!

........Kathy

KathyVM

IP Logged

pattil647
Junior Poster

Mom of Moyamoya Survivor

Langhorne, USA, usa, 484, 119, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #123 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 2:34am

Okay, I admit that this is really late, but I just booked a Las Vegas trip for my son with MoyaMoya and my husband.  I would have loved to come too with my little girl, but I'm staying home to watch the pets.  We have 4 dogs and three cats and no animal sitter for next weekend.  Oh well, it will be a nice bonding experience for my husband and my son.

I'm sure some of you organized people out there have more specific information about the trip than I do, so if you have anything you can send me, please do.  My husband and son will be staying at the CircusCircus hotel.  They'll arrive at the airport Friday night a little after 11:00 pm, and they'll be staying until Monday afternoon when they'll fly home.

My son, Michael, really needs to meet other people (especially children) with MoyaMoya so he knows he's not alone.  He's 11 years old.  I hope that he gets to meet some of you wonderful people.

Thank you for setting this up DJ and thank you to Michelle as well. 

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #124 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 3:13am

Hi Patti,

So glad to hear at least part of your family will make it to LV!  There are some scheduled activities (group pictures on Saturday and a breakfast on Sunday), and a hospitality suite at the Flamingo will be available for "drop-in" visits.  Michelle (Seachelles) will need your email address to send the whole schedule to you.

There is at least one other family staying at Circus-Circus, and other kids for your son to get to know and see that he's not alone.

Looking forward to meeting your husband and son!

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge