Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank You Everyone (Read 2871 times)
hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Thank You Everyone
May 17th, 2005 at 9:16pm

My family and I would like to thank everyone here.  You all have given us so much support, and prayers through everything.  This website, Dj, and the people here have truly been wonderful.  You all are always in our hearts, and our prayers.

Holly's 1 yr anniversy of her first surgery is tomorrow.  Tomorrow we are letting go 4 light blue balloons.  One from each of us to represent Moyamoya and our thanks for the care she has been given, and the love and support from everyone here and our family and friends everywhere.

As I look back over the last year, it was like yesterday that we were told she had MM.  So much has happened since then, things went so quickly for us.  I remember how scared we all were.  Not knowing what to think or expect.  A year ago today we were in Stanford praying that everything would go ok.

I just want you all to know she is doing wonderful here in Texas, she adjusted well to the move and to the new school.  She has made honor roll all year long and will be going into the 5th grade soon.  Her teachers are amazed at how well she has done after everything. 

I know I haven't been around much lately, I have been trying to settle into a new job, a new house, and a few medical problems with my older daughter.  But I think about everyone here, every day.

With all our heart, and all our love, we thank each and every one of you for everything you have done.  I look forward to seeing you all in Vegas.  Even though Holly isn't coming, I'm bringing some things to share about her.

Hillary, Linda, Holly, and Hailey Hoben

IP Logged

Jack
New Poster

Kneeland, USA, usa, 16, 108, CA, California
Re: Thank You Everyone
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2005 at 9:51pm

Hillary~
A whole year!
How wonderful that she is alive and well and thriving.
You are an excellent mother, and friend.
Warm memories of hugging you on the successful surgery a year ago.
Sending warm hugs.
Love,
Linda and Jack

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2005 at 10:34pm

Jack & Linda,

We were and are very lucky to have had you both there when Dr. Steinberg gave us the news of Holly.  you both gave us so much support that day, we love you both. and hope you both are well.

hillary

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2005 at 12:29am

Hillary,

I'm smiling through my tears as I read your beautiful note.  I am thrilled that Holly is doing so well, and  understand your feelings of gratitude as only a parent can.

We, too, are approaching a one year anniversary.  Tara's surgeries were on June 2nd and June 9th (at Stanford), and we're combining that celebration with her high school graduation on May 28th.  I'll write more as the time gets closer.

Thank you for your lovely words - I share your sentiment for everyone here and the awesome place called Stanford.  I hope and pray that things continue going well for you, and that your older daughter's medical problems resolve.  Can't wait to meet you in Vegas!

Hugs from California,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2005 at 12:46am

Hillary,
I remeber Tyler's 1 year anniversary from his surgeries it was a great feeling to know he was doing well then. Just knowing he had improved so much and that we were getting thru it was wonderful.

In June it will be 2 years for him. I can't beleive how much has changed since then.

I'm glad to hear Holly is doing so well and look forward to hearing about her 2 year anniversary too.
Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge