Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Las Vegas pictures are up! (Read 4060 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Las Vegas pictures are up!
Aug 17th, 2005 at 1:39pm

Got all of the pictures from Las Vegas up that I have so far.  Thanks to all of those who let me put your pictures on my computer while we were there.  If any of you have more you don't see here and would like to send them to me, let me know and I'll give you an email or snail mail address you can send them to.

For those of you that were there, it was an absolutely INCREDIBLE experience meeting all of you and I hope these pictures bring a smile back to your face!

For those of you that weren't able to make this trip, I hope to meet you next year and hopefully these pictures will make it seem like you were there!

http://www.moyamoya.com/vegas2005/index1.htm

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Hugs to all of our WONDERFUL family!

DJ

P.S.  The link to the picture page is also available from the drop-down menu at the top of the page under "Pictures"

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: Las Vegas pictures are up!
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2005 at 2:08pm

Thanks Deej!! Good job!! They do bring a smile to my heart and a little bit of tears as well. Great memories and a beautiful group of people!

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2005 at 5:00pm

Cara and I send our thanks !!!  Great Job DJ.  Smiley.  Cara will FOREVER remember this event.  She was standing besides me going..."open this one..no no open that one...wait wait look at that one...oh oh theres DJ and me...oh I love him, Mom....oh that one is cool...oh that one of me and Tara...another one of me and DJ....wait, wait open this one of Carrie......on and on...I had to giggle as we kept clicking on thumbnails to enlarge.....my heart just melted, have a big smile on my face...what a weekend !!!!!

I think I have 8 rolls of film to be developed...I'll get those CD's of pictures off to you soon. 

a million thanks again,

hugs,  carol

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2005 at 8:24pm

DJ! 

I just noticed the captions you put on the pictures!   Smiley[smiley=crackup.gif]Smiley[smiley=crackup.gif]Smiley[smiley=crackup.gif]

I was ROFLMAO on the pic that you had labeled "Did Shari fall out???"

Very funny!  (and no - didn't ride the coaster with the rest of those crazy people!!!)

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

MichelleB
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Redlands, USA, usa, 51, 202, CA, California
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 1:31am

Dj,  what a great time we had with all of you.  What a great bunch of people.  Did they ever kick you out of the poker table?  I hope you ended up with lots of money.  I am still laughing at you guys playing poker and clapping after a won hand.  Thats entertainment!!!!!!  Thanks again for everything and Eddie and I can talk about this trip forever.  MichelleB

IP Logged

ak
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

beaumont, USA, usa, 312, 273, TX, Texas
Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 4:18pm

To Dj and all involved: It was wonderful meeting all of you. Me, mom(brenda), and dad(bobby) got alot out of meeting others in person with mm. Since moms last stroke she gets a little overwhelmed in a big group of people and has a hard time talking.  Once you get to know her and get a chance to talk with her she has a wonderful since of humor and great big heart. But I asked her on the trip home what she was most happy about  now , she said the MM people. It brought tears to mine and daddys eyes. So I know she did love meeting you all. Thanks everyone for your stories and support.
ak(amy)

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 4:28pm

Amy....I got tears reading your post.  I along with everyone else were very touched with your devotion (your dad's too)  to your mom.   It is very common for people touch by stroke (even when my B12 defiency hit me the hardest -lack of oxgyen in red blood cells therefore lack of it going to my brain - so little things was TOO Much for me, too)...to feel overwhelmed (my dad did but I was amazed how well your mom handled it...very well)..it was a joy to meet the three of you.

warm hugs,  carol Cheesy

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 10:00pm

Hi Amy, Bobby and Brenda,

It was a pleasure meeting and visiting with you at the reunion.

Amy, you are the daughter every mother wishes for.  You are very special and an absolute sweetheart.  Your dad is very special too.  Like Carol said, the love and devotion you have as a family is extraordinary.  Brenda is so sweet and cute too.  We got to see a little of her humor while in Vegas.

Kevin's stroke caused high anxiety and as a result, he could not be over stimulated.  A lot of people and/or activity caused him to not be able to speak or function.  I just don't think some stroke victims can necessarily process a lot of information or activity all at once.  Kevin still has problems with a lot of activity or people.  Thank goodness for medicines that can help alleviate some of that. It takes a lot of patience and I saw how patient and caring you and your dad are.

It's important as caregivers that we support each other and remember there are caregivers that have a rougher time than others on a daily basis.  I can really relate to your situation as there was a time when Kevin couldn't speak and couldn't comprehend.  It is only by the grace of God and the hands of a skilled surgeon that Kevin has come as far as he has and is actually alive today.  I think about you and your mom and dad daily.  You are a very special family and your parents must be very proud of you.  You and your dad take very good care of your mom.  I hope you all can make it to the next reunion.

It was good to hear from you Amy.  Keep us posted on your mom.  We want to know how she is doing as well as you and your dad.

God bless.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 11:27pm

The pictures look great. I cant wait to get all mine printed out i have had to work everyday since i got back  Sad. That was such a great trip though and i am so happy i got to meet everyone i did (wish we were still there!) Cant wait to see you all again and look forward to meeting others next year!

SmileyChristy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

katden
Junior Poster

My son, Brian is a MM
survivor!!!!!

Phoenix, USA, usa, 123, 219, AZ, Arizona
Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 1:33pm

What wonderful pics!!! Now that computer is back up we will be able to send ours to DJ. What a wonderful celebration of life! Brian and Dennis and I just feel so energized....................and so blessed.

Thank you so much for just being there................Kathy

KathyVM

IP Logged

itsme
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

aliso viejo, USA, CA, California
Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2005 at 12:04am

DJ-san,

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures you posted. Another job WELL DONE!

We all enjoyed looking at them at home and brings back those special moments.

LOL,
irene

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge