Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back to Iraq (Read 8543 times)
Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Back to Iraq
Sep 2nd, 2005 at 7:34am

Hi MM Family Smiley

Kevin's (Cubbie) son Nick is with the 101st Airborne stationed at Ft. Campbell Kentucky.  Nick will be leaving for his second tour of duty in Iraq on September 6, 2005.

This is tuff on the soldiers and their families.

Kevin was able to spend some time with Nick recently and will talk to him by phone on Tuesday. Kevin will now be glued to CNN news.

Nick is expected to be in Tikrit. We know there has been a lot of insurgents there and the voting by the people of Iraq is planned for October which will bring resistence. 

Please keep Nick and all our soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

Hugs

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Re: Back to Iraq
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 8:55am

Absolutely Nick will be our thoughts and prayers.  No matter if you believed in the war or not, we should always
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
  (in my opinion, of course).

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 10:13am

Our deepest thoughts and prayers, what a wonderful thing he is doing all our soldiers are doing. God Bless.

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 11:40am

We always must support our troops.  Our son is on his way back from Iraq.  This will have been his 3rd tour there.  He can see good things happening there.  I believe he will be here through the end of the year and then back.  He is a helicopter pilot.  I am so proud of all our service people.  We always keep them in our prayers.

I am sure that if Scott was here on our soil he would be one of the pilots circling New Orleans looking for survivors.  He is stationed out of Charleston SC.

I will keep Nick in my prayers along with all the people in the south.

Janice

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 11:59am

Nick and Scott (and all the other soldiers) will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. 

Lore and Kevin:  Our church has a Community Impact Day coming up at the end of this month, and one of our projects is gift boxes to soldiers in Iraq.  If you can get an address for Nick, I'll make sure he's on the list to receive boxes.

Janice:  I'm sure you're relieved Scott is coming home, and know you'll treasure the time before he returns to Iraq again.  The same to you - if you get his address to me, we'll send something to him also.

I am so proud of those in the military who serve others and protect our country!

Big hugs,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 12:13pm

Janice,

I’m so tickled Scott’s on his way home. He’s been over there for so long, God bless him. I hope this year he’ll get to spend Christmas with his family. There’s not a day goes by that he’s not in my thoughts and prayers, as will Kevin’s son, Nick be. All our service men and women deserve all the love and support we can give them.

As you always say Janice, freedom isn’t free.

Mar Smiley

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 12:23pm

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our troops wherever they may be around the world...for like Mar mentioned...we all know that "Freedom isn't Free."  A few of my girlfriend's husbands are still in Iraq, and they can't wait until they return home. 

Kevin: So nice to hear you were able to spend some time with Nick before he leaves for his second tour.  
I'm sure you are very proud of him, as we all are.  Wink

Janice: I'm sure you and your family are more than ready to welcome Scott back home!  Cheesy

Regarding the dear people of the south.... Smileyfelt blessings to them as well.  My family and I are now waiting for the Salvation Army to get back with us since we have been unable to locate family in Mississippi and Louisiana since Hurricane Katrina hit.  We tried contacting them for a few days, but after being unsuccessful, we enlisted the Salvation Army's National Advisory and are seeking their assistance in locating them... (I couldn't get a hold of the Amercian Red Cross).

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2005 at 12:27pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 1:38pm

Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

Shan--

Hope all turns out well for your family

Jance

IP Logged

katden
Junior Poster

My son, Brian is a MM
survivor!!!!!

Phoenix, USA, usa, 123, 219, AZ, Arizona
Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:29pm

I have 6 boys, none eligible for military service related to medical issues or too young. I admire all of our young men and women who sign up knowing that they may be deployed to a warzone. And I know they come from very special families who understand their children's need to serve their country and have the faith and hope to support them. Our prayers are with Nick and Kevin and we celebrate with you, Janice.

God Bless..................Kathy

KathyVM

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2005 at 9:36pm

MM Family,

Thank you all for your support and kindness.  It means a lot.  It's hard to let go of your children and especially to go off to war. Not once but twice or more.

Janice, you must be very proud of Scott.  Being a helicopter pilot is a tough and admirable job. I know you will be very glad to have him home once again. Before Nick returned home from his last tour of duty, his outfit had to cross what was called, at the time, the "highway of death" from Mosul to Kuwait on foot.  They could only travel during the day so the helicopter's and planes could fly over and protect them.  That journey was extremely difficult on both pilots and soldiers on foot. We thank Scott for his multiple tours of duty and protection. It took Nick 7 days on foot and we were on pins and needles the entire time.  Janice, it is like you said "freedom is not free". We owe our freedoms to all troops throughout history. I am very glad to hear things are getting better in Iraq. That is encouraging news.  Thanks for sharing that. We too will keep Scott in our thoughts and prayers.

Jill, as soon as we have an address for Nick, I will forward it to you.  What a wonderful thing your church is doing for the troops.  I know the troops appreciate it very much.

My heart goes out to all the people of the south.  I can't begin to imagine what they are going through. To have no home, no job, no money, no food and some have lost or been separated from their loved ones. The grief and devastation has to be extremely painful.  I pray they will soon have some normalcy to their lives and somehow, someway find peace and hope.

Thanks again for your prayers and support.

Hugs and God bless all,

Lore and Kevin

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 6:15am

Hi Shan,
I do hope that your family gets in touch with you soon in New Orleans.
We watch coverage on our TV down under in Australia, and I really feel for those poor people who are homeless and who have lost everything.
Please keep us posted if you hear from them soon. My thoughts are with you
Moira

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 6:53am

Thanks Moira,

We were hoping to hear something today but nothing yet.  The Salvation Army Emergency Team rep told me that their success rate has been high, so we're keeping positive.  We're also watching the news looking to see any familiar faces. 

I know we're going off the topic a bit but I'd like to know if anyone knows any other agencies besides the Salvation Army that can help families locate other family members in emergency situations like these.  I've searched "Google" but for the most part, I kept ending up at donation pages... I know the American Red Cross provides aid to the military in contacting family members....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shan

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 1:35am

My prayers to your son, Nick....Kevin.
My prayers to your son, Scott...Janice.
My prayers to all those protecting our country all over the world..simply awesome.
I have three boys and Brandon...my oldest...is considering military upon graduation from high school...however hard it may be for me...it might be good for him especially when his heart is so set in it.
My prayers to everyone affected by Katrina...they were even rescuing a dog on top of a car in the middle of the water on TV this afternoon and I shed some tears.
Our family is going through many changes after a very rough year ....including moving out of our present home (Brandon was 2 and Bryan and Ben just 6 months old when we moved in...15 years has passed !!!).
I may be off line...without computer for couple weeks starting on the 18th...but I'll try to find one somehow during this moving, remodeling, moving in...unpacking period.
My ongoing prayers to the entire MM family and those out there who haven't posted yet but reading us may you continue to heal, do well with upcoming surgery.
Cara had her MRI and MRA last Friday...she hates the gas mask but never got sick...waiting for results though.

Millions of HUGS to you all,

Carol

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 6:48pm

**Update**

Just wanted to let you know that we finally were able to get in contact with family members in Missisippi today!  I called the hospital where my mother-in-law works, and was able to get through!  She did advise me that they are without any electricity or phones (including cell phones) at their homes, but none-the-less, they are alive!  She also told us that the Red Cross did locate our other family members in New Orleans that we were not able to previously locate.  Evidently, they are staying in a church.  Not under the best conditions, but none-the-less, glad to be alive!  ;Grin

AMEN!

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2005 at 6:51pm by Shan »  

IP Logged

cubbie
Experienced Poster
MM.com Benefactor

Stanford MM Survivor,May

Delaware, USA, usa, 418, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2005 at 11:50am

Hello All

As we are greatful to all troops!
I know Scott and Nick are greatful for our prayers!

HOOO RAH!
Kevin

Kevin Allen- I was so much older than,I am younger than that now,The Byrds,My Back Pages

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2005 at 2:22pm

Hi Kevin

Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with your son, Nick, as he goes back to Iraq.  I know this is a hard thing as a parent to go through. 

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge