Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4th Anniversary of 9-11 (Read 3776 times)
STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
4th Anniversary of 9-11
Sep 11th, 2005 at 9:36am

May we never forget....

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: 4th Anniversary of 9-11
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 10:05am

AMEN

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 4:43pm

always....

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2005 at 4:43pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 7:14am

How could we forget those poor people....God Bless!

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 5:38am

I couldn't believe what I was witnessing live on TV. How absolutely horrific it all was. We had continuous coverage on Australian TV for 4 or 5 days. My heart still weeps for all those people... ,and relatives....,
and babies  who will never know their fathers......
Moira

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 5:17pm

Living only 2 miles from NYC, I drive along the Hudson River on a fairly routine basis. Here it is four years later and the NYC skyline still does not look the same. Although not personally affected by the tragedy, I have several coworkers who were...

September 11, 2001...a day that I will never forget. At the time, I worked in Stamford, CT and lived in my current apartment (Cliffside Park, NJ). That morning was a typical commute >1.25 hr to drive 33 miles. I was in the car when I heard about the first plane hitting the WTC. I was in the office when the second hit, and like many of you watched in horror (on the web) as the towers colapsed. Hearing that NYC was completely closed down, I immediately left work to get home as the only bridge open was the Tapanzee Bridge. Much too my surpise, I was home in only 45 minutes.

On my drive home, I had to cross the entrance to the George Washington Bridge (NJ to NYC). For the first time in the 9 years that I lived near the GWB (only two miles from home), there was no traffic...However, there were a ton of police, armed forces and a rather larger cannon.

Arriving home, I went up to the roof of my building and looked to the south where the towers once stood. All that you could see is large dark clouds of smoke and dust. The smell of burning "stuff" was in the air...and remained for several days.

Two days latter, I traveled to Hoboken, NJ (about 4 miles south) which is almost directly across from where the towers once stood. On the pier overlooking NYC, there were hundres of buring candles and even more people...some were quit, some cried, some just stared into the sky... My girlfriend and I occsionally walk out on the pier...hear it is four years latter and you can still find burn marks from the candles...

Now four years latter, I still live in the same place. The memory seems like it was just yesterday...and I still can't bring myself to visit ground zero.

I was 31 at the time...that day I finally knew what my mother meant when she said "she'd always remember where she was and what she was doing when Kennedy was shot". I too now have one of those memories.....

May everyone effected by that horrible day be truely blessed. May the children effected by this horrible tragedy grow to love and promote the unity of one peaceful world...and may their children never experience such a horrible tragedy.

Best wishes to all,
Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 8:39pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Greg.  I cannot even imagine.  I, too, remember where I was, what I was said to alert me to what was happening....watching the second plane hit....even what I was wearing.  I remember being glued to the television for so long.  I did know someone who was killed on that horrific day.  A classmate of mine from high school.  Bobby was actually a year younger than me, but he was very smart and was usually placed in math classes one year ahead.  Bobby was in my math class for several years.  When he died, he was engaged to be married.  I remember that his parents were told that he was ok, that he just had some cuts and bruises...they went to NY to pick him up...only to find out that they had been mis-informed and that their son had died.  It was terrible.  There were thousands of people waiting in line outside the church on the day of his funeral....in the rain...

Such a tragedy.....

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge