Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Robert Spetzler - Phoenix, AZ (Read 5422 times)
Heide
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Slidell, USA, LA, Louisiana
Dr. Robert Spetzler - Phoenix, AZ
Oct 7th, 2005 at 7:05am

Dr. Spetzler did my bilateral STAMCA surgeries in Aug/Sept 2002.  Not sure why it happened, but my left side has totally occluded and right side is minimally patent.  Oh well, it was great while it lasted, felt better than I had in a long time for almost a year afterwards. Does anyone know if this procedure can be redone?
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2006 at 1:48pm by DJ »  
IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Oceanside, USA, usa, 62, 227, CA, California
Re: Dr. Robert Spetzler BNI Phoenix AZ
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2005 at 8:36pm

Hi Heide,

I may be referred to Dr. Spetzler in Phx, AZ.  How did feel about him?  Is he a good doc for MM?  I currently live in SD, CA but my Neurologist thinks that since I am American Indian and I have an HMO.  It may be beneficial (financially) to go through Dr. Spetzler.  In other words, my tribe may pay for it or atleast the $$$ out of my pocket may be less than going through my HMO.

Thanks,
Lee

IP Logged

Heide
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Slidell, USA, LA, Louisiana
Re: Dr. Robert Spetzler BNI Phoenix AZ
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 3:25pm

Hi Lee!
Dr. Spetzler is a great surgeon IMO.  My neurosurgeon lifeflighted me to him in Phoenix from New Orleans because he thought he was the best qualified to do my procedure. I have to say, I have worked for surgeons the past 20 years, and he definitely has an "aura" of importance surrounding him! It was kind of surreal really. He would walk in followed by quite a few residents and surgeons who were obviously visiting to learn his technique. Although I knew it was a major procedure, I felt so confident in his abilities, but he is not the real "chatty" type. Basically comes in with his entourage, tells you what he is going to do and what to expect, and walks out. Of course, I wasn't really sure what questions to ask! Anyway, you will be in good hands with him.

IP Logged

msshelley
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

tucson, USA, AZ, Arizona
Re: Dr. Robert Spetzler - Phoenix, AZ
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2007 at 12:56am

Hi all, my seven year old son was just diagnosed today after spending 4 days in the hospital being tested for everything under the sun.  He has not had any brain damage as of yet and his symptoms include chorea and degressing of his cognitive abilities.  Anyway, we are going to be referred to Dr Spetzler in Phoenix and he should be transported tomorrow if all goes well.  Does anyone else have any info on this dr?  My husband and I are really scared and we could use any advice or stories if you have them.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge