Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shane & Michelle at Stanford (Read 12456 times)
Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Shane & Michelle at Stanford
Oct 21st, 2005 at 10:25am

My brother will be in the Stanford area for testing and his surgery in November.  He will be leaving on November 1st and will be having his surgery on November 9th.  I'm sure if anyone wants to come and meet with him that he would be more than happy to meet with anyone that might be out in the area.  

I will also be out at Stanford from Novemer 8-13th if anyone would like to get together.  I will be happy to meet with anyone that would like the company during surgery or will be out for follow-ups or just might be in the area.  
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2005 at 2:23pm by Seachelles »  

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Re: Shane & Michelle at Stanford
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 7:02pm

Michelle,

I'm bummed -- we'll be missing each other.  I get there on the 17th of November for my followup.  Well, we've always got Orlando next year!  Smiley

Trina

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 9:25pm

Michelle and Trina,

I'm really bummed!!! Kevin's follow-up will not be scheduled until after November 17th. That darned insurance nonsense.  Go figure!! You would think I would have a grip on this by now!

Michelle, you and Shane will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you get the opportunity, post Shane's progress so we will know how he and you are doing.
I wish I could be there with you. I would so like to return the favor of you and Shane sitting with me through Kevin's surgeries.

Hugs Smiley

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 5:26pm

Shane and Michelle,

O.K., we're ready for you guys!

Big hugs to you both,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

has Moyamoya

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 11:49am

Shane and Michelle,

Shane I know you boarded your plane this morning headed for Stanford.

Keep the faith and hang in there. I will be thinking about and praying for you and Michelle.

I will await updates on your progress from Michelle.

Love and Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2005 at 12:14pm

Hi Shane...

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you!  Glad to hear that you liked your shirt.  Surf's up and waiting for you on the North Shore!  ;Grin

Please know that you're in our Smileys and prayers as you begin your testing and prepare for sugery.  I know you'll do just fine. I've heard how you were such an inspiration and brought much support to others during their time of need.  You were such a blessing to them.  Please know that we are here for you too!  Smiley

Stay strong and keep the Faith...

Blessings~
Shan

p.s. Michelle...Please let me know if there's anything you need as well...You know we're here for ya'!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2005 at 12:15pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

with MM

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 2:06am

Shane arrived here safely today.  He was determined to stay up to watch a 9:00 pm tv show, and is now sawing many zzzz's. 

I think he's happy to be back in California.  After dinner, he coerced me into taking him to the local Cold Stone, which is only about 4 blocks from our house.  He treated himself and Tara to one of their ice cream creations, and they both enjoyed it tremendously!

Tomorrow is an easy day for Shane, before he starts the ritual of testing on Thursday.  Michelle, I promise we'll do our best to take care of him, and we can't wait to see you next Monday!

More as the week progresses . . . .

Smiley, Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 8:58am

Shane -

Best of luck to you tomorrow as you go through your tests!  

By the way - Cold Stone - my favorite!  The birthday cake remix was my weakness....sadly I see on their website it is no longer available  Sad)

Anyway, hang in there!   My thoughts and prayers will be with you!

-Shari
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005 at 9:00am by STrantas »  

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:02am

Jill,

It does not surprise me at all that Shane fell asleep.  Did he snore too much?  LOL!

I'm so jealous that my brother had Cold Stone!!!  And I'm so disappointed that they don't have Cake Batter anymore, Shari.  That was my favorite!!!  Sad   grrrrrrrrrrrr

Looking forward to getting out there and hearing all the stories until I do.  Smiley

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

with MM

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:08am

Hey Shari,

No, no, no - I saw last night that Cake Batter is back!  Smiley (Guess they resolved the salmonella problem.)   Man, am I in trouble . . . .

So, time for you to hurry to the nearest Cold Stone !?!?!?!

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 7:08pm

CAKE BATTER IS BACK? COLD STONE HERE I COME! 

Shane, I'm going to have cake batter ice cream tomorrow on your behalf.  Good luck with everything!  Keep us updated!

Hugs,
Trina

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

has Moyamoya

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 8:47pm

Shane Smiley Smiley

Shane Smiley Smiley WAKE UP!

COLD STONE CAKE BATTER IS BACK!!! Smiley Smiley

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Kevin wants you to take a breath for him when it comes to the CT Xenon. Smiley

Will continue to watch for updates on you.

Hugs Smiley

Lore

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 1:32am

Lore...you're too funny and very creative with these smileys.  Wink

Shane,

When you get up from your long well deserved nap and read all your well wishes, please remember that we're all routing for ya'!  While they are all partaking of the delicious Cake Batter ice cream at Cold Stone on your behalf, I will do my part and head to the beach (sorry, North Shore is a little too far for me) and catch a few waves for you.  It's not something I'd really like to do...but I'll do it....just for you!!!  ;Grin

Also, if DJ left anything behind in the Xenon scan for you to inhale, then yes, please do take a breath (or two) for Kevin.  Smiley  (I'm actually a little curious about this Xenon scan myself.  Undecided)

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005 at 1:35am by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 1:51am

Hi Shane -

I wanted to add my prayers and positive thoughts for you during your testing.  You are in the best of hands - not only in the hospital, but also in San Jose with Jill, Tara, and Campbell. 

About this xenon - out daughter Kate thought it was "interesting" with she had it in September - whatever that means!!

Anyway, good luck and God bless tomorrow - oops, I mean today. 

And God speed and good thoughts to you too, Michelle, as you travel to CA next week. 

Hugs, Smiley

Cass

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 10:04am

Spoke with Shane last night and he had his first test yesterday....the first part of the SPECT scan.  He'll have the second part today.  Since I had never had the SPECT scan, he told me a little bit about it.  He did say he had a headache afterwards. 

Anyway....he's doing fine.  He's excited about going to Santa Cruz on Saturday.  That's where they filmed parts of The Lost Boys (one of his favorite films).  He's already been there, but he wants to go again. 

Oh....he's also excited about possibly going to a high school football game tonight.  He's trying to relive his high school years I think.    ;Grin

I might have a hard time dragging him back to Virginia after his surgeries!!!!  Oh gee darn!!!    Roll Eyes    Did I ever tell you that Jill and I have a plan here?????   I think we are hoping that he'll want to stay.   Smiley

Well, back to work for now.  I plan on cleaning the apartment from top to bottom on Saturday.  It really needs it.  Then pack on Sunday...off to work on Monday....and then fly out Monday night. 

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 10:17am

Quote:
"Did I ever tell you that Jill and I have a plan here?????   I think we are hoping that he'll want to stay."

Smiley hee hee hee... You are too funny, Michelle.

Well, looks like his testing has begun.  Also sounds like in between them, and before his surgery, he is able to do other more enjoyable things such as go to Santa Cruz, etc.  Good for him! ;Grin Hey, Shane...how about catching a 49er game if they're playing nearby?  Wink

Michelle, you and Shane will be close to my  Smiley and in our prayers especially throughout this and the upcoming weeks.  Please don't hesitate to call on me if there is anything I can do for either of you!  Smiley

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2005 at 10:18am by Shan »  

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

has Moyamoya

Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 11:37am

Hi Michelle,

Kevin had a SPECT done here in Ohio. He didn't like it because he said it made him feel weird for several hours?  Anyway, he probably was just disappointed he didn't get Xenon gas. Smiley

Please don't work too hard before you leave for Stanford. With all the activity you have planned before you even get out the door is a lot.  Don't want both you and Shane in the hospital at the same time.

Santa Cruz and a football game?  What happened to COLD STONE? Smiley

Cute about the "plan" you and Jill have for Shane.

I will watch to see your updates.  Take care of yourself Michelle and tell Shane I am thinking about him and keeping you both in my prayers.

Love and Hugs, Smiley

Lore

IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 11:47pm

Hey Michelle:

Thanks for noting Shane's SPECT scan.  I'm wondering if Stanford is starting up the SPECT again.  I didn't have it done at surgery time (I had one done here in NY before surgery, only one part though).  But I just got a call from Dr. Steinberg's office and they added the SPECT on the 17th/18th for me (the positive: I had already bought my ticket so we arrive 17th in the AM and it worked out; the negative: my attempt at having some type of a vacation since August 2004 (really December 2003) was nixed by mid-day appts on both days  Tongue ). 

I'm glad Shane's having a good time though - that's the way to do it!!!!!  Looking forward to hearing more updates. 

Thinking of you both,
Trina

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge