Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Muscle Twitches?? (Read 2402 times)
nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Muscle Twitches??
Feb 15th, 2006 at 3:45pm

Has anyone experienced slight muscle twitches or spasms as a symptom of Moyamoya?

IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Oceanside, USA, usa, 62, 227, CA, California
Re: Muscle Twitches??
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 12:38am

Hi Nikki,
Yes, I've had muscle spasms on my right side since Day 1.  Sometimes they move slightly some other times my whole arm is a spasm.  I also have "dry mouth" syndrome because of the Depakote (headache medicine).  I should buy stock in chapstick, I use so much.  My mouth never stops moving except when I'm asleep!  Undecided
Take care,
Lee

IP Logged

Sara
Experienced Poster

I am 15 years post-op
and loving life!

Houston, USA, usa, 291, 279, TX, Texas
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 5:15pm

I have it!

My left hand twiches, if I am not on medicine. I had my surgeries 15-16 years ago and after about 12 years, I started having a lot of headaches and my left fingers move on their own.

I went to the doctor, and he ran tests and found that everything looked ok... I think he said I was "normally abnormal". Meaning I hadn't had any significant cchanges. I have low blood flow to the right side of my brain, although not alarmingly so. Long story short, I am taking Neurontin and it helps with my headaches and the twiching. Before I had my daughter, I was on Keppra and that helped to...

You are not alone!

-Sara

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 11:38pm

Thank you both for your responses. My mom has mm. I have never been tested for mm, but I have been having twitches in my legs localized to my hamstrings. Sometimes in my lowerback as well. Have your headaches always coincided with your spasms? I usually don't have headaches associated with mine. Was just currios if I should go ahead and be tested, based on the spasms alone and the fact that my mother has mm. I would have been tested already but the tests are'nt covered under my insurance. Thank you both again for your help  Smiley

IP Logged

Michell
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 2:30am

Hey Nikki,

It's been a while.  Trey has those twitches.  He has had them since his first stroke.  The doctor said it is "Clonis"--that may not be how you spell it, but it hasn't seemed to bother Trey.  He doesn't have them as much as he used to and now more on his left side than his right, which the left is the side that has more problems.  The first stroke affected the right side and he would twitch his leg and sometimes his arm then he had his second stroke and the right side seemed to stop alomost having the twitches and the left started the same leg and sometimes arm.  He will occasionally now twitch but it isn't severe.  I hope this helps.

Michell

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge