Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
London Mini-Meeting (Read 2967 times)
STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
London Mini-Meeting
Feb 20th, 2006 at 6:54pm

Hey all!  Some of you are aware, but many were not, but I just got back from England for a mini-vacation with my mom.  We went from Wednesday night to Monday evening (just got home about an hour ago - catching up on all the posts).  Anyway, one of the highlights was being able to meet up with Louise (Mum) and Lydia (10 year old with MM).  It was so nice to meet and chat with them over breakfast!  Louise and Lydia actually live in Wales...but Lydia is being evaluated for her surgery at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.  

It was so nice to meet them and discuss our stories.  It was nice for my mom too, as she hasn't had the opportunity to speak to another mom (or mum!) whose child has MM.  I have a picture I will send to DJ to post on the board!

-Shari
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2006 at 6:54pm by STrantas »  

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: London Mini-Meeting
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 8:42pm

Shari,

Thanks for sharing your London meeting with Lydia and mum. I'm sure it was great for all to share moyamoya experiences. I'm anxious to see the pictures of Lydia and her mum. It's always nice to put a face with a name.

Hugs Smiley

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

louise_and_Lydia
New Poster

my daughter Lydia is 1
and diagnosed with MM

Swansea, United_Kingdom, europe, 150, 229
Re: London Mini-Meeting
Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 8:11pm

Hi  Smiley
It was so nice to meet up with Shari and her Mum in London. Lydia and I live in Wales ,on the coast, same city where Catherine Zeta Jones comes from if that helps to explain the location!
I will apologise in advance for the photo being forwarded on to DJ. (I am not photogenic at all Sad) I really look like Cameron Diaz  Roll Eyes

Lydia is being admitted into hosp on the 6th March for anouther MRI and Angio and then rationale for surgery will be decided...scary  Undecided

Wish we were coming to Orlando but timing not right ,so hope all have a fab time.

Glad your journey was good Shari, maybe we will meet again, who knows!

hugs Lou

love and hugs Louise & Lydia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge