Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Girl of 5 in brave fight for her life (Read 6739 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Girl of 5 in brave fight for her life
Feb 18th, 2007 at 2:54am

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story.asp?j=30697&cat=news

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Pauline
New Poster

My Beautiful Niece

Carlow, Ireland, europe, 136, 206
Re: Girl of 5 in brave fight for her life
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 8:50pm

Unfortunately my little niece passed away last month

http://www.carlowpeople.ie/news/heartache-as-brave-little-hannah-6-passes-away-1440444.html

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:24pm

I’m so very sorry for your loss. I wish I had some comforting words for you and your family, but this kind of news is always like a punch in the stomach to me, and I can’t think, but please know little Hannah will live in our hearts forever and that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mar

IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 7:38am

I'm so sorry for your lost, I too have a knot in my stomach when I read the news.  It sadden me when a little one don't have a change to growing up.  Just let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and little Hannah will be remember in our heart always.

Kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 9:57am

Pauline,

I too am so sorry for your loss.  It's hard to imagine the hole your entire family must feel.  I'm sure little Hannah is smiling down on you all from heaven, and I'll pray that you can find some peace to a heartbreaking situation. 

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Pauline
New Poster

My Beautiful Niece

Carlow, Ireland, europe, 136, 206
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 9:59am

Thanks a million for your thoughts and prayers..She fought until the very end, she defied all the medics...

Hannah first got sick in Oct 2006..she was diagnosed with NF1 ...this was followed by a stroke in Dec..In Jan or Feb 2007 she had surgery to correct the Moya Moya. She woke up after the surgery spoke a little and then thats when the serious complications started. The surgeon removed part of bone to allow her brain room to expand as the swelling was getting quite bad. She never spoke again after that...She spent months in the ICU and then months in high dependancy..Eventually at Easter time 2007 she was moved to Crumlin Hospital in Dublin. I think it was about Oct or Nov 2007 we were allowed to bring her home..It was such a trill to have her home..she needed 24 hour care and even though she couldnt communicate with us it was such a relief to have her home with her family..

I think about 4 or 5 times we were called up to the hospital to say goodbye (some of it is a blur now and yet so much of it is so clear in my head) but each time our little Hannah fought on and so on that day that she passed away...it was still such a shock even though she had been so sick.

So all I can hope for is that she is healthy and safe up in heaven. That she has a pink bedroom with the disney princesses and toy story characters painted on the walls like she had when she was well...and that she is watching us and knows how much we love her and miss her...She was too good for this world.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers

Pauline

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 11:04pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. Real tears are falling as I read about this sweet little girl. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache you must be going through. 

thank you for letting us know.

God bless.....Diane

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge