Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just made my 1 year anniversary Oh Boy! (Read 4889 times)
lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Just made my 1 year anniversary Oh Boy!
Sep 2nd, 2007 at 9:27pm

Hi guys....

Couldn't have done it without ya! What a crazy ride it has been. My MM surgeries were 8/23 & 8/29/06 with Dr Steinburg at Stanford Univ. in California.

And with all the drama of the pre Pericarditis (heart virus) / Pericardectomy surgery July 06 (which lead to my 2 strokes...and then thank God, my MM diagnosis) then a month later off to California .....only to be upstaged with the Insurance delemma in which they wanted me to pay a whopping $261,000 portion for my stay at Stanford and another $60,000 for a local hospital (yikes)....lotsa appeals, stress and tears....but all was resolved fully in my favor Summer of 07. I think I can say it has been a happy ending!!!!

I still have a long road to go....but I have grown a lot in just this past year, made wonderful friends, reset my life priorities and I am stopping to eat a few more chocolates along the way! That's a great start for the rest of my life.......!!!!

I thank you all for being there in my little corner.....and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs...Diane
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2007 at 9:30pm by lotsofkids »  

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Re: Just made my 1 year anniversary Oh Boy!
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 10:52pm

Hi Diane,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's a wonderful feeling when you reach these milestones. It will keep getting better from here on in. For me it's now 6 years and I haven't looked back! Have you pulled those errant family members into line yet? HAHA!!!!
Would love to hear from you
Hugs Moira

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 9:59pm

Hi Diane,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your first year anniversary!!!

That first year was a milestone for Cubbie as I'm sure it is for you.  It does get better from here. At least that's what Cubbie tells me.

Life is a journey. You made it through the heart surgery, the brain surgery and all the insurance BS now the rest is a piece of (Chocolate) Cake!! LOL!

For all you've been through in the past year, you're doing well.  When I think back about all you have had to endure this past year, my so-called problems seem like mere inconveniences.  I promise not to complain or whine again! You have shown me what it is to have stamina and patience and courage.

Thank you for all your support and for your frienship over the past year.  It means a lot to both me and Cubbie.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 9:08am

Congrats Diane!  It's a great feeling, isn't it!  Wish I could bottle it!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 11:07am

Hmmm....and everyone is back to school...what more could I ask for! WooHoo!

Moyamoi......my family is still struggling desperately to keep the old "June Cleaver" mom does everything. They don't much care for the new and improved "Roseanne Barr" you-can-do-it-yourself mother! LOL  8)
Eventually I will train them.....it's only a matter of time!

Lore.....you have been a treasured friend.....making the journey that much brighter. So glad to have you by my side "and" sharing that "chocolate" cake! Cubbie is truly blessed with a special sis.

Shari.....we have still yet to meet...but you have been there from the begining of my postings...and I talk a lot! Thanks for putting up with me!

You are all so very special    : )

hugs to ya....Diane

IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 7:36pm

Hi Diane, good luck on the trainning, if you success, you have to teach me how Smiley Smiley Smiley
Congratulation on 1 year mile stone, you go throught a lot.  This big cyber hug  Smiley is for you my friend.
Go get a cup of tea, a chocolate bar, a good book and enjoy, I will cheere with you for great future  to come.

Kieu Smiley

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 11:19pm

Thanks Kieu....you've been through a tough road yourself.  I am so proud of you.

I love my family dearly....I just spoiled them way too much....and now I am trying to make them less dependent upon me and my domestic ways......They are fighting the transition tooth and nail! LOL  So far...I am not sure who's really winning though.....aside from the obvious cooking and cleaning, I am still the only one running the dishwasher, opening the bills and doing all the laundry. My son left last week back to college and I ironed 14 shirts for him....I need to rethink my strategy...somehow I've been duped! I told him he can take his shirts to a dry cleaners for pressing....he said "why would I do that....when I can bring them to you?"

Now...for that cup of tea....and chocolate....it would  be so much better if shared with a sweet friend like you  Wink

I WILL get those "lotsakids" and husband in shape.....eventually....but Rome wasn't built in a day....so alas.....it is one small step "brick" at a time. (that is...."if" I don't throw the darn brick at them..LOL)

Wish me luck!
Big hugs to ya......Diane : )

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2007 at 12:23am

Diane,
Although I wasn't here to be any support I wanted to say:

Congradulations!!!

I remember Tyler's first year and by what has been posted here, we had it easy compared to you.

P.S. Since I am known as a mean mom. (I don't touch my kids laundry after they turn 11-years-old, even Tyler after he had his stroke at 11-years-old.) Just look at your son the next time he wants you to iron his shirts and say. Well, I could use the money. Then tell him your price is the same as the dry cleaners. Good Luck on getting the family to realize you are not the mom you once were, but now a new and improved version that encourages independance a bit stronger.  Wink

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2007 at 12:46am

Congratulations Diane!!!

I know the feeling, been down that road myself.  Doesn't it just feel great to be alive?  Especially now that you have a new lease on life!!  It's going to be a year and a half for me in October.  All the things I took for granted, I now look at from a different perspective.  Thank you, Dr. Steinberg!!
Diane....EAT MORE CHOCOLATES!!  Unfortunately, I love chocolate, but chocolate does not like me   Sad    Still, I'd rather suffer the consequences when it comes to chocolate!! Smiley  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge