Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CALLING ALL MMERS! (Read 5575 times)
Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
CALLING ALL MMERS!
Nov 18th, 2007 at 10:19am

Hi MM Family,

As you are aware, DJ host moyamoya.com to raise awareness about MM and to provide valuable knowledge of the disease and treatment options as well as provide a support system to folks diagnosed with MM and their families. 

DJ has given MMers around the world a "living chance" and hope to many who are devasted by the diagnosis of MM.

When DJ started moyamoya.com he was single.  He now has added responsibilities with a wife and two children to support. I'm asking for all MMers to assist DJ in the mission and ongoing work of providing valuable MM resources and information to those who desperately seek information, treatment options and support  by donating whatever you can. No amount is too small.

If everyone on the site donated $1 a YEAR.  We could maintain the site for a year.  There are costs assciated with maintaining a website such as updates, traffic and search engines so the cost can fluctuate month-to-month.

I know I personally fritter away several dollars a week on soda pop and coffee.  So I have decided to donate my fritter money to DJ to assist in defraying the cost of maintaining the site. I hope you will join me in this effort and donate whatever you can.

I know not everyone is in a position to donate as many are struggling and every dollar is earmarked.  Again, we could maintain the site for a YEAR if everyone donated one dollar.

You can donate through Paypal (listed at the bottom of the message board) OR, if you think Paypal is a hassle like I do, you can send your donation to Darren Johnson "DJ" at P.O. Box 9602, Wichita, KS  67277.

Your compassionate contribution will help save lives and give MMers around the world hope and a living chance as well as provide a heartfelt thank you to DJ for providing the MM family with this marvelous site.

Our contributions will ensure the website is free for everyone who needs it. There is no better gift to a fellow MMer than to provide them with an opportunity for a living chance.

I know what this site means to MMers.  As you all know, my brother would not be here today if it were not for DJ and moyamoya.com. I have benefited greatly from this site and so has my brother not to mention all the frienships we have gained as a result. The MM family is a super group of folks and I am grateful to know you all and especially grateful to DJ for providing my brother a living chance. The least I can do in return is to give back with my donation. 

Thank you for your loving generosity.

Merry Christmas DJ, Steph, Connor and Brandon.

Love and Hugs to all,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Re: CALLING ALL MMERS!
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 2:36pm

LORI  YOU ARE RIGHT DJ HAS HELPED SOooooo MANY PEOPLE THE LEAST WE ALL COULD DO IS CONTRIBUTE A LITTLE TO HELP MAINTAIN THIS WONDERFUL AND VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!!  SITE   !!!!!!!   DJ     WE   LOVE  YOU   AND YOUR FAMILY-------MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!      

ELAINE  CALVERT Cheesy

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 9:14am

You are absolutely right, Lore!  And seeing that this is the giving time of year - I will make my donation right away!  Thank's for the reminder!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 8:08pm

Count me in! Thank you Lore for letting everyone know. I know that I am thankful everyday for DJ and moyamoya.com so I will do whatever I can to keep it up and running!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Love, Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Skay
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Evansdale, USA, usa, 323, 119, IA, Iowa
Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2007 at 10:03pm

Thank you Lore for letting us know. I would be lost without this site. I have found and made many friends here. I will be sending a donation tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We all have alot to be thankfull for.

God Bless to all of you, Sharon

hotdog  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2007 at 9:23am

Thanks Lore! You're so right!! No wonder I love ya like I do. No amount of money can repay Deej and his website for how he’s helped my family, it saved Mandy’s life, but like you said, the least I can do is my part, by helping to keep it going.

Mar  Smiley

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 1:44am

Hey Lore, I too am 100% behind this, but I reckon we should propose an annual subscription of say $20 each member which would go a lot further than $1.
I also don't like using paypal (don't they charge fees to receive the money?) and I would have to do the conversion from Aussie dollars into USD. What do you think?
After all the medical expenses each and every one of us has had to shell out for $20 is SMALL CHANGE for a website that means a great deal to all of us, so come on everyone show DJ what this all means to us. There are lots of websites who have membership fees so why should this be any different? Also in Australia, there are many tax perks associated with memberships to medical sites so maybe DJ could get added grants from the US Government for all the research etc that is supplied on this site? I am not in the US as you all know to know what your system is like but maybe you have something similar??

All the best with your mission Lore and I am in!!
Moira

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 9:31am

Lore....

such a GREAT idea! Sometimes, it takes a hammer to wake me up....but once understood...it is written in Stone!

Sorry I am a bit late in seeing your message....I haven't been on in a while. A lot going on at my house!

I will do the Paypal thing (I've used it occasionally for eBay purchases LOL)

From now on....I will consider it an annual dues.
After today.....I will use my Moyamoya surgery anniversary as the marker to remind me to come in, renew my dues and be so very thankful for my health and this wonderful site!

Warm wishes to you all....Diane    Smiley

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 10:20am

Thanks for the reminder Lore. I wouldn't have had the surgey if it wasn't for this sight. I am short on expendibal cash at the moment with Chrismass coming up but I can get something together for DJ. This sight has to stay!
Merry christmas and happy nwe year to everyone.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 2:22pm

Hey Lore!

Believe it or not, I'm still around.  I know...haven't been on the boards much, but I've been lurking in the background.  Things have been crazy for me and Shane with the holidays.  How are you and Kevin?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I made a donation today.  Didn't see this post until now.  I hope it helps!!

Michelle

Happy Holidays to you all !!!   Smiley

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 8:31pm

Hi Michelle,

Long time no see or talk to! lol!  I have been thinking about you and Shane lately and wondered how you both are doing.  It is crazy here with the holidays as well.  Too much hustle and bustle!

Kevin takes it all in stride.  He is doing well but that could change after he starts the holiday marathon which for us will begin this Saturday. lol! 

I know your donation will help and be much appreciated.

Hopefully, we can talk soon after the holidays and things calm down for both of us.

It is really good to hear from you and don't be a stranger.

You and Shane have a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge