Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
where do i turn to for financial help for trip (Read 6444 times)
juniorasp_01
New Poster

wyrik wile 3yrs old diagnosed
with moyamoya

wichita, USA, KS, Kansas
where do i turn to for financial help for trip
Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:00am

our insurance will cover my sons surgery but not the other cost of travel, and stay, and food etc. so does anyone know some resorces out there to help with this??? i am just hoping that everything falls together financially for this trip cause our budget is tight.

alisha

IP Logged

mc823923
Junior Poster

My dauaghter Annamarie
lives with mm

Baton Rouge, USA, usa, 345, 271, LA, Louisiana
Re: where do i turn to for financial help for trip
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 7:13am

I can't help with food or lodging, but as for travel I contacted Miricle Flights.  They paid the flight for my daughter and myself.  I'll look for the phone number for you, they're great.  Is there a Ronald McDonald House in the area where you are going?  We went to Stanford and were able to get in after her surgery so we only had a week in the hotel.  Good luck, my prayers will be with you.

Love,

Margaret

Margaret

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:23pm

I'm not sure where your son's surgery is taking place, but I was in the same situation.  My insurance only paid for my surgeries all other expenses were paid out of pocket, but was able to recover them during tax time (except for meals) since it was for "medical" expenses during my surgeries (don't forget to keep all of your receipts).  If your son is having surgery at Stanford, you might want to contact Stanford's social case worker to see if there are any housing facilities for their patients.  We (my mom and I) were able to utilize "The Home" (on-campus housing for Stanford patients).  It was a big help since it's more an apartment and we could do our own cooking and stuff like that rather than buying all of our meals.  We also made good use of the "Marguerite", Stanford's free bus service.  The "Marguerite" takes you from the Stanford Campus to all different parts of town.  It was a big help for us since neither my mom or I drive anywhere away from home Smiley.  Hope this info is some sort of help to you!!

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

mc823923
Junior Poster

My dauaghter Annamarie
lives with mm

Baton Rouge, USA, usa, 345, 271, LA, Louisiana
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:18pm

This is the information on Miracle Flights I told you about.  They fly all over the country if you qualify.  They use commercial airlines and make all the arrangements.  You fly in the day before the first procedure and leave the day after being released.  It was great, hope it helps.

Margaret

Miracle Flights for Kids

2764 N. Green Valley Pkwy., #115

Green Valley, NV 89014

Tel: 702-261-0494

Fax: 702-261-0497

Margaret

IP Logged

EmilysMom
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Charlotte, USA, NC, North_Carolina
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 9:49am

Angel Flight Mid Atlantic 800-296-3797
Operation Lift Off 888-354-5757
American Airlines Miles For Kids in need 817-963-8118
Southwest Air 214-792-4103
National Patient Travel 800-296-1217

I hope some of these numbers help.

We also received help thru my employer. Wachovia has funds for their employees who need assistance in times of crisis. Maybe you or your child's fathers employer might have some resources.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge