Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 year anniversary coming 8/25/08 (Read 6815 times)
lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
2 year anniversary coming 8/25/08
Aug 7th, 2008 at 1:08am

Hi guys!

I have been very quiet and so sorry that I haven't checked in much lately. Life has a way of keeping me busy with mundane things! (family, laundy...endless soccer!) Anyhow....it is that time again....August and my upcoming SECOND year post MM surgical dates. I can't believe it has been two years already!

Well, I am doing pretty well.....still having mild sx's but, in general....overall a significant improvement and still hoping to get better in the coming years. I still have daily dizzyness issues and mild headaches....but a shadow of what was pre-surgery. Certainly, much more endurance and I don't have the overwhelming fatigue I had when I was without decent oxygen profusion to the brain!

I have lost about 25-30lbs and added mild excerising into my routine, trying to get into the best possible health situation after such a "wake up call" called Moyamoya!

I also made a committment to this site, that every anniversary, I would use my August date to remember to give my annual donation to moyamoya.com ------- I mention this "only" because I want to encourage others to also make this a regular habit as well....(although, I regret, my donation is rather minimal this year...but hopefully each year I will be able to do a little bit more.)

Hugs and best wishes to all my dear friends here on the site.  Diane : )

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Re: 2 year anniversary coming 8/25/08
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 1:54am

Diane,

Congratulations on your upcoming 2 year anniversary! Smiley  My 2-year was in April and boy is life "sweet".  Things have been going great since then.  I went back to work (full-time) a month after surgery and was driving immediately as soon as I came home to Hawaii.  Haven't had any repurcussions since.  Again, congratulations!! 

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 10:40am

great to hear from you and Aloha back to ya Jan! I didn't realize we were both newbies back then!

Glad to see you too are doing well.....it is encouraging for those just dx'ed and scared to see our posting and realize there is hope and better health down the road!

hugs....Diane : )

IP Logged

cubbie
Experienced Poster
MM.com Benefactor

Stanford MM Survivor,May

Delaware, USA, usa, 418, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 10:59am

Congatulations Diane on 2 years!!

Good to see you back on   the board

Buckeye MM Friend

Kevin

Kevin Allen- I was so much older than,I am younger than that now,The Byrds,My Back Pages

IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:02am

Hi Diane, congratulation on your 2 yrs post-op.  My is till' Nov, that is my 2nd surgery done, I haven't hear from you a long..... while, keep wondering how are you doing.

Good to hear you lost all those weights Cheesy, I hope I can do that good, I lost only 10lbs, still working on it.  I know you will busy more when school start, it is endless chore for stay home mom( me too, I couldn't go back to work for now due to moyamoya left me some souvenir in my brain Tongue, so stay home mom is only option ;Grin).
Any way, get a piece of chocolate and a book and relax sometime. Smiley

Hug
Kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:26am

hey there DEAR friends....I am having my "coffee morning" with you guys!

I must say it is a treat to see all my favorite names pop up! Cubbie.....I saw you and Lore went to Vegas! I am waiting for lotsa pictures to post to enjoy the trip with you guys!

And Moody....I know what you mean....I don't think the "real" working world would be patient with my constant screw-ups and forgetfulness! But my family seems to take me in stride! Yesterday....I was filling out a FAFSA form for my college son (ya....a bit late!) we need the stafford loan for his fall tuition......so I was getting out all his w-2's from the tax box (we are also late with 2007 taxes and filed an extention....my house is on the realty market and everything is upsidedown LOL)....he worked part-time for 5 different places and I only could find 1 paper. I then stressed and checked/rechecked everywhere and told him he would have to call each employer and have new ones sent to him as I will be filling out the 1040s this month. WELL, IT TURNS OUT......I took them OUT OF THE TAX BOX on the first round and neatly placed them in all in a pile on the table.....I JUST FORGOT THAT I DID THAT!

I just blank out on short-term memory things that I do! I tested a severe 7% in short term memory on the neuropysch test....nothing to be proud of....while I score 97% in verbal and other intellectual areas. It kinda sucks!

Hugs to ya.......Good, I DO REMEMBER my friends!!!!! LOL

Forget Alzheimers......I just have MM !!!!

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 12:59pm

Oh DARN.....the realtor just called.....looks like I have a house showing on Saturday at 1:30....so the cleaning starts NOW!

I absolutely HATE this.....We have had the house on the market for 2 1/2 years now....I keep doing all the work...but it just doesn't move! I shuffle all the paperwork off the surfaces into the cabinets and get totally disfuntional! It has to look magazine perfect as if you don't live in your home! We needed to downsize to pay for my 3 boys in college. Now, 1 son graduated with his MBA, (thank God) but 2 are still active and currently in Medical School which is triple the expense of their undergrad! We are really strained and stressed....but hey.....very proud of my boys! Well....I've got toilets to clean.....and laundry to hide! LOL

Talk to you on Sunday....hugs....Diane : )

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 10:55am

Hi Diane Smiley

CONGRATS on your two year anniversary!  How time flies!  I hope you ate lots of chocolate! Smiley

Good for you for getting in the best shape possible health wise.  That is quite an accomplishment. You are definately an inspiration to all. Smiley

Whoa!  I want to see you make it to your three year anniversary so stop with the house showing cleaning stuff and just bake homemade bread in the oven. That will sell the house. There's something about it that really works. If that doesn't work, distract them with lots and lots of chocolate. LOL! Smiley

Good to see you back on the board and thanks for the reminder to donate to the board.  Good idea to do donate on your anniversary.

Take care,

Hugs, Smiley

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 11:02am

Congratulations!  It's a good feeling isn't it???  Here's to great health and a wonderful year ahead of you!  Smiley

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 10:49pm

Good for you, Diane! Smiley
It's a real comfort each time I read that another moyamoya survivor has made a post-surgery milestone. Makes me feel confident that I will too. So thanks for posting and hope you take some time out of your busy schedule for a HUGE celebration! Smiley
Where's that chocolate cake smiley?
Kim

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:27am

Man...what a weekend....got thru Saturday's house showing....only to get a call that evening that another party wanted to see the home at 10am Sunday morning....that was the end of anything called a weekend!

Well....I survived and it's 2am....in the wee beginings of Monday morning.....and I never even heard any feedback Sunday evening from either of the showings. Typical.........so I guess no interest...although my home looked stunning! I washed all the windows inside and out! let alone all the usual staging stuff. I must say, all the family was onboard and really helped a lot...with yard work....garage cleaning etc....the house shined. Oh well....kinda wish we went to a lake instead of THIS kind of "family bonding"!

Now......WOW!.....I'm seeing MORE great friends on this thread. Thanks for popping in guys!
Love to see ya Lore and one of these days.....you, Trina and I are going to have to do a girls day out in the cleveland/akron area! (I'm still waiting!)

Thanks for the congrats and so nice to see you too Michelle...hope all is going well with you!

And KIM....YOU have been on my mind! I have been meaning to get in touch with you. I'm currently planning a reunion, late Oct in Seattle. Me and my East Coast sisters are all showing up at our youngest sister's home in Bainbridge Island. We will have to figure out a way to have a MM visit as well.....we can email or PM the dates. It is a rare chance for me to have a "real" vacation and go out west....I will leave my husband and kids to fend for themselves! I am sooooo looking forward to this!

Big hugs to all....smiles....Diane : )
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:29am by lotsofkids »  

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 9:51pm

Hi Diane,
Coming to Seattle - now that put a smile on my face. Soon as you know the date, pass it along. I'll mark it on the calender. My son, David can man the shop. Playing hooky from work and eating choclate cake. I am so ready!
Kim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge