Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hilo, Hawaii Newspaper (Read 6152 times)
sharlee_gyrl
New Poster

Cheney, USA, usa, 447, 392, WA, Washington
Hilo, Hawaii Newspaper
Oct 15th, 2008 at 11:10pm

I was pleasantly surprised when a sports writer from my hometown wrote a piece on me in our local newspaper. Just thought I would share.  Smiley

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2008/10/15/sports/sports02.txt

*life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away*

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Re: Hilo, Hawaii Newspaper
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 12:11am

Sharla!!!  Great article, and it's so good to hear from you!  I was shocked to see that you guys are in LV - when did that happen?  DJ just had our annual gathering there in June!  I'll be very bummed to hear you were there then and we missed you!  You must have gone through culture shock going from Washington to LV.

Time to catch up, girlfriend!  How is married life, etc?  Please give my best to Shy!

Big hugs,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

LA
Senior Poster

Moyamoya survivor since
1999!

Kneeland, USA, 15, 113, C
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 6:48pm

Hi~

This is a good article and I like your attitude about raising awareness of mm and living well.

Congratulations on your education, marriage and life!

Linda
I had surgery in 1999 at Stanford after a major stroke and am feeling good now!

Linda (LA)

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 2:54am

Hi Sharla,

Great article.  I'm from Kauai and was also diagnosed with MM in June of 2005 (I was 42 years old at the time).  I also had my surgeries done with Dr. Steinberg although mine was done a year after yours.  I have learned that life is definitely too short and no longer take it for granted.  I appreciate all we have here in the islands and am truly grateful for all its splendor.  Since my surgeries I haven't had any problems and will be going back to Stanford next year for my 3-year follow-up.

After reading the article, I realized that you graduated from the same high school as my cousins.  One graduated in 2004 and the younger this year.

Aloha ka kou...
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

sharlee_gyrl
New Poster

Cheney, USA, usa, 447, 392, WA, Washington
Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 8:50pm

JILL!

In June???? OH NO! We moved here the last week in May and my parents were even up here for a while! My fault though because I basically fell off the face of the earth. Now that I am all done with school, I feel like I have a life again.  Smiley Hopefully I can stay in better touch! We definitely do need to catch up. Take care and talk to you soon!

*life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge