Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long overdue update of my wife's MM (Read 3602 times)
caddy80
New Poster

I love my wife!

Long overdue update of my wife's MM
Jan 31st, 2009 at 12:44pm

Hi all,

I've gone dark for quite a while...probably a couple months. It's been hard to find time to get online and write with holidays, new baby, and getting ready for a month stay in Stanford.

Well, I'm happy to report that we made it down to Stanford the first week of January and my wife had both her surgeries. She's already back home and I'm currently driving back with all our stuff (we drove down from Seattle).

Her first surgery was not difficult and she recovered quite quickly, her second surgery was much more difficult (headaches, nausea, body aches, speaking problems, memory problems, the list goes on), but we understand it's typical symptoms and we should just monitor them as she recovers for the next 6 or so weeks.

We can't thank Dr. Steinberg, Teresa, Bob, Nadia, and the rest of the staff enough. They are truely life savers and went above and beyond to help my wife feel confortable when some of the hosital staff almost made my wife leave the hospital without getting the second surgery. I'll just say that each department is run separately, so don't expect the best/right care from the entire hospital (feel free to contact me privately if you're intersted in the details).

Since we had to jump through so many hoops to gather my wifes films, transcripts, and travel planning, I'm going to find time to document what we had to go through and provide some time expectations for each step. Of course all this information will be centered between the local hospitals in Seattle (UW and Harborview) and Stanford, but I hope it will be helpful for others on what to expect.

Lastly, I'd like to thank eveyone on this site for posting your stories and extremely helpful information. I don't think we would have had a clue on what to do without you all.

- Peter

IP Logged

Reagan
Junior Poster

Lee's summit, USA, usa, 302, 159, MO, Missouri
Re: Long overdue update of my wife's MM
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 4:34pm

Peter,

I am so glad everything has gone great. It really takes time to heal, you are right. It gets better every day. My year anniversay will be coming up February 26th. The year has flown by. Take care and know you and your wife are still in our prayers for a continued speedy recovery.

Reagan

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 9:05am

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear your wife's surgerires are now behind her and she is home recovering. Ditto to everyday is a new day and it gets better.

Keep us posted on your wife's progress.

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 6:50pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks for taking the time to share the good news. The traveling and scheduling logistics can be all-consuming. Wishing you a safe trip home and a speedy recovery for your wife.
Kim

IP Logged

Little Luca
Senior Poster

Whatever it takes

Somerset West, South Africa
Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:52am

Good news, Peter. Well done to your wife and all the people involved.

Mark (Luca's Dad)

1st stroke in September 2008, age 10 months
Bi-lateral mm diagnosis
2nd stroke in November 2008, age 1 year old
Left side surgery in December 2008
13 years on now
Doing just great!

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 1:00pm

Peter,
Thank you for updating us. I am so happy to hear your wife is doing well. I will keep praying for your wifes speedy recovery.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

caddy80
New Poster

I love my wife!

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 12:34pm

Thanks for all the kind words.

My wife (Myoung Jo) is getting stronger each day. She didn't have to take anything for her headaches yesterday and she feels like the numbness in her tongue is going away. Hopefully everything keeps going in this direction. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge