Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
more on BP (Read 2142 times)
Michele
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Yankton, USA, SD, South_Dakota
more on BP
May 6th, 2009 at 11:58pm

I know BP was mentioned quite a bit under the thread about Kevin (Cubbie) I am elated he is doing better.  I have another question about BP, but thought it better to start a new thread instead of continuing to divert from the progress reports on Kevin.  It is always nice to get updates on fellow members and their families.
Here is my question about BP 
  What does everyone do if the BP is too low.  Thanks Kieu for the response  under a different thread, I'm not big into salt, but will try it.  Also, does BP medicine accumulate in your blood stream?  My doctor made a comment that the bad thing about the enalapril is it would lower my BP all the time.  I only take it when my BP is high.  (monitor at least once a day with my own cuff) Having had a bad week last week, I took more than I normally do in a typical week, but still much less than the max I am prescribed.  Also, I am on the lowest dose and I cut them in half, and take half at a time and monitor the effects.  Does anyone know ( I know anything is possible) what the residual effects of BP meds are.  I suppose I could look up the half life of that particular medication, I guess I am just not feeling well enough (cognitively) to read any medical stuff right now.  I m tired all the time, can't think clearly, irritated easily, etc.  The normal things you would expect if your brain was being suffocated!  Funny (or not) what normal can be(come) for some of us!! My daughter told me last weekend when she was home that she can see a mental decline in me.  Wow, she is brutally honest like her mother! 
Another question I have is does anyone have a monitor that has a symbol or something that tells them when they have an irregular heartbeat?  Is that a normal symptom of low blood pressure?  Again, seems entirely possible, but does anyone have any specific experience with this? 
Thanks for any information you guys can offer!  You are all wonderful people and I am thankful for this resource.
God Bless You All!
Michele   

IP Logged

Christie
Junior Poster

daughter with moyamoya

Burnside IL
Re: more on BP
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2009 at 11:54am

Michele,
   my daughter Amy is an adult living with me because of all her strokes but she is on BP med 3 times a day to increase her BP. She normally runs low and thats why she had a stroke 1 week after her 1st surgery. They had tried to wean her from her BP med and it got too low. She gets alittle confused and lethargic when her BP gets low so I know to take her BP and give her a pill. I don't know if she will always have to take them but for now it is neccesary to keep those grafts perfused well. She is 6 months post-op. I think the BP must have to be kept up for mentation, at least for Amy.
Christie

1st stroke april 2008
1st surgery Nov. 5
2nd surgery Nov. 18
Still recovering from strokes

IP Logged

freckles
Junior Poster

Moyamoya Survivor!!

Lakeland, FL
Re: more on BP
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2009 at 5:27pm

After my last surgery I had trouble walking and thinking clearly still and it was because of low blood pressure. I am on a low dose of midodrine for it. It has helped considrably.

I too find myself wondering at what I define as my normal these days. I find that I am more forgetful than before too. I even bought myself little notebooks to keep with me so that I can take notes on important stuff. Thing is, I've already lost two of those little notebooks, go figure!

I do have a monitor, but I'll have to check for the heartbeat symbol. I've never thought of that before...it's something to check into.

WWW moyamoyagrl moyamoyagrl  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge